Poll: Are You a Mac OSX or a Windows PC User?

blackberry-desktop-manager-mac-1With RIM’s recent announcement about BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac I started wondering how many people will care. My wife purchased a aluminum Macbook for me last year as a anniversary gift (much appreciated) and I have only plugged my BlackBerry into it once. It was a suitable replacement for my trusted Lenovo x61t until I tried upgrading my Bold’s OS once with Parallels and VMware Fusion. Parallels would not work and Fusion caused a kernel panic in the middle of the upgrade bricking my device and making more work that it was worth.

Until now I have always been using my desktop PC to connect my BlackBerry when I need to but I would love to be able to use my Mac. I am no diehard Mac lover (far from it) but the comparable Lenovo laptop I wanted (ThinkPad X200) cost more than the Macbook.

So I am curious. What is the reader breakdown between Mac and PC users…

PS: Before all the alternative OS users get on my case I did not mention Linux/UNIX/etc since I doubt RIM will ever support them but who knows… I use Linux quite often and OSX is essentially just a GUI for FreeBSD. 🙂

poll-mac-windows

18 total comments on this postSubmit your comment!