Playbook

Home Forums BlackBerry News Playbook

This topic contains 56 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  paquer 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Razrrob
    Participant

My wife has an iPad (free from work). If I were a college student or retired it would be nice – but as a working stiff I find it has little utility. I told her to put in the truck just in case we get stuck in the snow we could wedge it under the tires.

grmonkey
    Participant

it works for the weirdest things LOL

APPLE doesnt know its potential :p

and itouch is the same thing as an ipad!

come on apple fan boys and girls. y are you kidding yourself?!?

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Yeah the only real purpose I have seen for the iPad was as a gaming device. Otherwise you may as well use a computer apple has it so locked down

beamolite
    Participant

Apple has everything locked down. It’s for that reason I detest my daughter’s iPod Touch.

acwyau
    Participant

I agree, if I wanted to carry a 10 inch tablet around with me during my workday…I will just keep using my netbook.

parked

HOW DARE ALL OF YOU!

You guys are nothing but a bunch of Apple haters and you should be ASHAMED of yourselves! Steve Jobs has done wonders for the world of electronics and he and his mock turtleneck should be given due respect.

Juuuuust kidding.

Luis Merlos

lol I have to say the iPad did bring the new tablet trends they didn’t invent the idea they are just good at selling you anything they make.

I had a chance to play with one for a week or so and i did not find myself wanting to use it. On the times i would use it would be outside of work but the thing is like carrying a brick around. Only works on wi-fi at least the one I used.

DanielH
    Participant

Apple users will deny it but Apple is more a luxury item than it is a tech company. I can’t remember the exact number but IIRC 80% of the people who waited in line to buy the iPhone 4 on the first day were existing customers, not first time buyers. Steve Jobs is good at marketing a product, not much debate there. However, do you necessarily need the product and is it the best product out there, I’d certainly have to wonder. I mean, for one, they come out with a new iPhone every year. Why not offer a complete product for once so I don’t have to buy a new one over and over…try, because Apple would lose money. And two, talk to some of the Apple users that you know, are they able to justifying buying Apple products no matter what price? Like I said great marketing, Apple has a customer base that will buy no matter what the price is. For the highest priced iPad, I could get a pretty decent ultra portable laptop or for $100 more, a Macbook. For $500 less, you could get an EeePC, no app for the internet needed :)

DavidB
    Participant

Razrrob said:

I told her to put in the truck just in case we get stuck in the snow we could wedge it under the tires.

I kinda wish we’d had an iPad in the car last time we went driving on the beach. Got stuck big time and didn’t have ANYTHING in the vehicle we could use to dig us out. It’s size would have made for a nice shovel. As it was we ended up having to call for a “beach tow” (guy with big truck with fat tires and a tow strap).

parked

dshcpa1 said:

Apple users will deny it but Apple is more a luxury item than it is a tech company. I can’t remember the exact number but IIRC 80% of the people who waited in line to buy the iPhone 4 on the first day were existing customers, not first time buyers. Steve Jobs is good at marketing a product, not much debate there. However, do you necessarily need the product and is it the best product out there, I’d certainly have to wonder. I mean, for one, they come out with a new iPhone every year. Why not offer a complete product for once so I don’t have to buy a new one over and over…try, because Apple would lose money. And two, talk to some of the Apple users that you know, are they able to justifying buying Apple products no matter what price? Like I said great marketing, Apple has a customer base that will buy no matter what the price is. For the highest priced iPad, I could get a pretty decent ultra portable laptop or for $100 more, a Macbook. For $500 less, you could get an EeePC, no app for the internet needed :)

Yep, that’s what they call Sheeple.

And, whenever it’s pointed out that a current Apple product is missing a certain function, my Apple-enthusiast friends will always say, “Yeah, they’ll fix that in the next model. I’m getting it when the new one comes out in a few months.” Haha.

Terrence T
    Participant

Well… the white iphone is still not in sights..

beamolite
    Participant

You have to give Apple credit for bringing the tablet computer to the forefront. Tablet computers have been around for awhile but never really caught on until now.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Yeah it is because they were all running Windows until now. I had a Lenovo x61t with both Windows XP and then Windows Vista. Both sucked balls in tablet mode.

Terrence T
    Participant

I have to agree with ronen on the msoft issue. :D

citystars41
    Participant

haha someone at best buy sold someone on an ipod touch as calling it the ipad nano, which is pretty close to being correct. made me laugh real hard

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2014’ BerryReview LLC