Forgot your password?

Playbook Prices – What's your prediction?

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion Playbook Prices – What's your prediction?

This topic contains 29 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Terrence T 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Barry
    Participant

I think RIM needs to aggressively price this.. get the people that are hesitant about it to take a look if the price is good.

if it starts at 499, people will just ask, why not go with an ipad?

i think if they start at 399, then 479 and 549 for the higher memory models, they’d really make a splash.

they’re shipping a million if the reports are right.. economy of scales right? lol

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

citystars41
    Participant

i definitely think it’ll start at $399 for base but im hoping youre right for the next steps

Building the BlackBerry empire one user at a time

Barry
    Participant

$450ish for the mid range would be the sweet spot RIM should shoot for

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

citystars41
    Participant

im still upset that they wont have the microsd slot to them but maybe with the bridging capabilities, you’re phones sd slot will work in tune with the playbook

DanielH
    Participant

citystars41 said:

im still upset that they wont have the microsd slot to them but maybe with the bridging capabilities, you’re phones sd slot will work in tune with the playbook

Agreed, I thought that would have been a spec for sure. So does that mean I should buy the 64gig version just to be safe?

citystars41
    Participant

hell ya!! lol i dont know if i’d ever use 64gbs worth

Barry
    Participant

citystars41 said:

well i assume the bridge could access files from your phone’s sd..

DanielH
    Participant

citystars41 said:

hell ya!! lol i dont know if i’d ever use 64gbs worth

Well, if there is no expandable memory and you only have 16 gigs…you never know. Memory usually gets cheaper as you go up. You’re going to pay $400 for 16 gig but for $100 more you could get double that, $200 more and you’re get 64 gig.

Barry
    Participant

i actually think paying 100 for 16gig more is kind of a rip off.. this is where i agree the microsd would have been key.. you can buy a 16gb microsd for like 40 bucks

DanielH
    Participant

barrist said:

i actually think paying 100 for 16gig more is kind of a rip off.. this is where i agree the microsd would have been key.. you can buy a 16gb microsd for like 40 bucks

From that angle, true. If you look at the price of the product though, the price is going up 25% (from $400 to $500 and I’m guessing at what the prices will be) for a 100% increase in memory. But yes, expandable memory would have been cheaper and provided more flexible options. MicroSD cards come in multiple sizes, some people don’t need an extra 16 gigs, but maybe a 8 gig card would be nice.

Barry
    Participant

and not all microsd cards are created equal. the lower speed ones would likely slow down file access, playing videos from it etc

DanielH
    Participant

barrist said:

and not all microsd cards are created equal. the lower speed ones would likely slow down file access, playing videos from it etc

Class 10s or nothin is what I say….

DanielH
    Participant

barrist said:

I think RIM needs to aggressively price this.. get the people that are hesitant about it to take a look if the price is good.

if it starts at 499, people will just ask, why not go with an ipad?

i think if they start at 399, then 479 and 549 for the higher memory models, they’d really make a splash.

they’re shipping a million if the reports are right.. economy of scales right? lol

The 399/479/549 scale is what I would have guess as well. Maybe a $399/449/499 scale. It’s a marketing game and seeing 3/4/4 is much nicer than 3/4/5. Even if 499 is $1 short of 5:)

DanielH
    Participant

dshcpa1 said:

The 399/479/549 scale is what I would have guess as well. Maybe a $399/449/499 scale. It’s a marketing game and seeing 3/4/4 is much nicer than 3/4/5. Even if 499 is $1 short of 5:)

Americans tend to read left to right stopping at the first digit :)

Terrence T
    Participant

499/599/699..

Thats mine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC