September 2, 2009 at 12:17 PM #173940
I admit that I am not much of a Social Networker myself beyond Facebook. That is why I was not overly excited to learn from Andre that Pinwall had been updated but it is definitely worth mentioning. We covered Pinwall’s update to version 1.1 but since then it has been updated twice. Most BlackBerry Social Networks have never taken off and developers lose interest but Pinwall seems to be going on strong. Check out the change log below for the updates. It looks like they are definitely working on improving the experience at Pinwall.
Q: Has anybody been using Pinwall regularly? sound off in the comments!
- Bigger fonts, easier to read!
- Bigger previews in profile picture uploader.
- Inbox, Search results and Friends load items 10 by 10.
- Friends can be filtered by name and country.
- Search is now simpler. Advanced version is still in the menu.
- When your friends register, they automatically receive a friend request from you.
- Privacy options: invisible mode in search results
- Quick IM filter (press Q in the inbox)
- Friends list has been optimized
- Press a letter in any list to go directly to a message
- Adding new friends to your address book is now optional
- Search results now show new users first
- Vibration option has been fixed
- When opening a conversation you can start chatting immediately
- Scability! We are caching a lot of things with memcached (thanks @rabble)
- Ending conversations and deleting contacts is much quicker
You can pick it up and learn more at http://www.pinwall.com
Pinwall 1.3 Released – BlackBerry Social Network Improves UsabilitySeptember 2, 2009 at 12:17 PM #180485
Where is the dload link.September 2, 2009 at 6:26 PM #180486September 2, 2009 at 10:10 PM #180487
Well, I have never actually heard of pinwall but I’m going to hop on it and see if I can get all my BlackBerry colleagues to join tooSeptember 3, 2009 at 10:56 AM #180488September 3, 2009 at 1:28 PM #180489
Thanks blaqknight!October 7, 2009 at 6:15 AM #180490
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.