Forgot your password?

OS Updates Soon? AT&T Bold (Visual Voicemail!) & Verizon Tour 4.7.1.42

Home Forums BlackBerry News OS Updates Soon? AT&T Bold (Visual Voicemail!) & Verizon Tour 4.7.1.42

This topic contains 10 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ronen Halevy 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

visualvoicemail There has been quite a few rumors going around this morning about official OS updates in the pipeline but the most interesting were Al Sacco reporting that AT&T is prepping OS 4.6.0.508 for the Bold and the BoyGenius reporting that Verizon may soon release OS 4.7.1.42 for the Tour. The Tour upgrade makes sense since it is incremental and I hope it helps users with the annoying trackball issues but that may be a hardware issue.

NOTE: It looks like the 4.6.0.508 for the Bold is just the package version and not the app version in my opinion. My guess is it will probably be OS 4.6.0.282 or .291 in the app version.

The upgrade for AT&T is rumored to be coming August 25th and bring:

• AT&T Visual Voicemail (optional feature)
    • General handset software optimization and improvements
    • Capability to set the device to "2G only" for better battery life and coverage in some international roaming situations
    • Additional VPLs including My-Cast Weather, Wiki Mobile, Mobile Banking, a few games and more.

Now I am only curious as to how much AT&T will try to charge for Visual Voicemail. Anybody want to place some gentleman bets? My guess is $9.95/month for something YouMail will do for free.

OS Updates Soon? AT&T Bold (Visual Voicemail!) & Verizon Tour 4.7.1.42

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

AT&T is already pushing out the VPLs. I’ve just been hiding them all.

My bet is VVM will go for $4.99/month.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

If AT&T charges for visual voicemail, then I won’t get it…

I really hope they include it as a free feature just like all the blackberry features.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

I doubt that it will be free. They charge $2.99 for their “Enhanced Voicemail” which allows you to store more messages for a longer period of time. If they charge for that, then they’ll definitely charge for VVM.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

And since the package version on 4.6.0.291 is .499, I’m guessing that this OS will be app version 4.6.0.299.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Visual Voicemail will be free on AT&T for the Bold.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

You sure of that John?

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

App Version is .297

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

I’d love to have it free…only time will tell.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Finally, we get an update.. let’s hope on the 25th us regular users get an update too…….

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

upgrate soon

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC