Forgot your password?

OS 6.1

This topic contains 21 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Barry
    Participant

So some news out of DEVCON is that the developer tools for os6.1 will be out soon…

i know alot will be disappointed that they’re not going straight for QNX but will rather build upon os.6 for the next little while at least.

what do you guys think? or could they be doing both? os6.1 for the lower end market, while introducing SUPER phones (qnx?)

The addition of opengl on 6.1 should be a welcome feature.

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

Barry
    Participant

and perhaps if theres an app developer out there that is familiar with some of the new features , it’d be interesting to know what they do..

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

citystars41
    Participant

i personally like os6 i just think it can use some tuning up for non touch devices. i’m perfectly fine knowing os 6.1 will be coming out

Building the BlackBerry empire one user at a time

Barry
    Participant

someone commented that the opengl will make it a lot faster because currently the processor works really hard to do simple things such as scrolling..

hopefully thats true and we see a much improved os6. my only concern is alot of people already have their initial impression of it as a laggy OS.

otateossian

I havent really seen too much lag on it. There have been times after I deleted or installed a new app that it just slowed to a crawl and i did a battery pull. I have a 9780 so its does pretty well. Previously I did have a 9700 which i was running leaked versions of os6 and that was laggy and it had massive memory leaks to the point where it would stop functioning. Opengl would be totally welcome because it might also improve the quality of the games we see for blackberrys which would def be nice!!

Barry
    Participant

Yeah my 9800 runs pretty smoothly. I think the initial OS releases though were considered kind of laggy, and unfortunately were the ones reviewers got a hold of first.

Barry
    Participant

I wonder if any 6.1 OSes will leak soon, if some of the current devices can upgrade to it..

citystars41
    Participant

i was wondering that too. they said it’ll be out Q3 correct? i wonder what the requirements will be. I’m assuming 512 mb of ram

DanielH
    Participant

citystars41 said:

i was wondering that too. they said it’ll be out Q3 correct? i wonder what the requirements will be. I’m assuming 512 mb of ram

One of the leaked phone had 756 mb of ram if I recall.

Due for an upgrade right around Q3, can not wait:)

Barry
    Participant

most likely only 9780 and 9800 would be able to run it

citystars41
    Participant

ya and if they can run it then chances are the 9650 will be able to also

Barry
    Participant

citystars41 said:

ya and if they can run it then chances are the 9650 will be able to also

is that what you got? have you updated it to os6 yet?

citystars41
    Participant

ya i have it running on verizon with sprints 6.0.0.415 on it and love it. i think its smooth but can definitely tell it could use some tuning up. os 6 is definitely made for touch screens

Barry
    Participant

agreed. i always mistakenly try to touch the screen on my backup 9700

citystars41
    Participant

ya thats why the dakota will be amazing, just as good, probably better than the torch

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC