Forgot your password?

Opera Mini 5 Beta Released – Adds Tabs & Password Manager!

Home Forums BlackBerry News Opera Mini 5 Beta Released – Adds Tabs & Password Manager!

This topic contains 32 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Ronen Halevy 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Luis Merlos

wow this new browser is super fast and did away with the annoying scree while entering text

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

operamini5 It looks like Opera finally let everybody in on the Beta 5 secret. The new version brings quite a few new features to the table with the notable addition of tabs and a password manager. Its kind of sad that Opera beat RIM to the table on this one. Hopefully OS 5.0 will fix that. I guess its time I install Opera on my BlackBerry yet again.

What’s new in 5.0:

• Tabbed browsing
    • Speed dial 1 click websites
    • Touch and keypad optimizations
    • Password Manager
    • & More

Check out the details at http://www.opera.com/mini/next/ or pick it up OTA at m.opera.com/next.

Thanks to everyone who sent this in!

Opera Mini 5 Beta Released – Adds Tabs & Password Manager!

drumdog00
    Participant

Its telling me that they haven’t verified if it works on the storm but gave me the option to download it anyway or download 4. I downloaded 5 and it seems to work fine but I am not able to log in to my opera account from the settings.

drumdog00
    Participant

take that back. You can sign in to your account through the first speed dial on your homepage.

drumdog00
    Participant

I have also never really liked how Opera doesn’t allow for sure type to work.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

It works awesome. It’s pretty fast and the user interface is awesome. I have seen a few bugs, but that’s ok since it’s a beta. One big bug I noticed on my Bold is when I’m typing something and hit delete, it deletes whatever I just typed. Not one sentence, word, or letter, all of it. That kills it for me right there.

Luis Merlos

if only they could figured out how to play videos on the browser this would kick all the other browsers out of the game specially since those other browsers are so slow

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Needs:

Shortcut keys

Automatically enter . when hit spacebar in url field.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

it works on OS 5!!!!!

The one thing I would like to see is like bolt where you have both options to enter it in while looking at the page or you can edit and paste something into the address bar or into a text field …. But oh well ….

ShvartzBerry
    Participant

One of my biggest pet peeves – on PC and BB – is applications that don’t replace their older versions. In other words, Opera 5 won’t overwrite Opera 4. You need to uninstall then reinstall. Boo!

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Am I missing something? They still have not given us the ability to use this a the default browser…Say we get an email with a link in it…I want that link to open in Opera…Not the BB browser…

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

I have the BB Bold when you downloaded the opera broswer how did you (if you did) make it your default broswer?

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Where the hell is the RSS feature? That’s a dealbreaker for me, because I rarely visit sites unless I know they’ve been updated. What’s weird is that it has the “Add RSS” link option, but no way to actually read them. I’m assuming this will be added on in the final release.

Luis Merlos

no option yet to set it as default browser it be cool if we could

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

While it cant be set as the default browser in the configuration settings, anytime you click a link in email or any app it brings up a menu with “open in opera mini” as the only option for the browser.

Best feature by far!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC