Forgot your password?

Old question.. but have to start again.. need a Blackberry with 3G WIFI NoCam

Home Forums BlackBerry News Old question.. but have to start again.. need a Blackberry with 3G WIFI NoCam

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  m0m0 6 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ak80
    Participant

Getting fed up with my old..very old 8820. But in a centre where Cam Blackberry is not allowed. Was using 8820 since WIFI Was more important than 3G. But in dire need of a Blackberry with 3G and WIFI, tour doesn't have it, nor is there a BOLD (NC), checked everywhere with ATT, Vz, Sprint.. any news that can be of help? should I wait? or I should wait? (don't think any other option)

Luis Merlos

There are some things to consider 3G is different from all the carriers, the 3G devices verizon has don't work with 3G on Tmobile or ATT and the only device that is 3G on Tmobile is the 9700 that has both 3G wifi and GPS is the same as the one on ATT but the 3G only work on each carrier so if is a tmobile it won't pick up the 3G on att. The only thing is that they both have a camera. No device that i Know off has both 3G and wifi. The only non camera 3G blackberry available is the 9630on sprint http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/SubmitRegionAction?isUpgradePathForCoverage=false&currZipCode=&upgradeOption=&nextPage=DisplayPhones&equipmentSKUurlPart=%3FphoneSKU%3DSP9630RIMN%26currentPage%3DphonePage&filterStringParamName=&newZipCode=72758&x=0&y=0

but has not wifi.

The new tour or bold whatever is going to be call should be out withing the next month or so but don't know if it will ever be released as a non camera but it should have both 3G and wifi also a new feature will be the trackpad.

DavidB
    Participant

Verizon offers the Bold 9650 without camera.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?action=viewPhoneDetail&item=phoneFirst&selectedPhoneId=5336&inCompareList=false&contracTerm=2&deviceCategoryId=1

I believe Sprint also offers same device. But both ATT and TMO seem to completely ignore the needs of BlackBerry users that are prohibited from having camera.

DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work
    Verizon Droid Bionic play

Terrence T
    Participant

I thought 9000 has no camera and wifi.

If u want 9780 is launching (I can’t rmb if non cam has been launched)

My friends here in the army (strict regulations against camera) are all using the 9700/9780.

Well, modified by my friend who is running a shop.

He has the non cam midplate for the 97xx series

DavidB
    Participant

9000 had a 2.0 MP camera.

9700 and 9780 both have 3.2 MP camera.

Kinda funny, the device comparison on blackberry.com shows “not available” for the 9650 camera, though I know it’s available with or without a 3.2 MP camera (as was the Tour 9630 before it).

I’m not aware of any GSM (ATT or TMO) BlackBerry available without a camera.

Hopefully your friends don’t get caught. I suspect it’s not enough just to cover the camera lens.

DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work
    Verizon Droid Bionic play

parked

Like Terrence said, supposedly T-Mo will also have the option to get the 9780 without a camera.

edit- OK, so this post was brought back from the dead. Hopefully, the OP has found a new phone in the past 9 months.

Terrence T
    Participant

9000 there was also a non cam edition.

http://www.starhub.com/mobile/handset/eblb0002301blackberry9000noncamblack.html

http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/BlackBerryBold9000/index.jsp

From at&t webby:

“A non-camera version in black is also available.”

m0m0

Onyxes and tours are available in some places without camera.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC