Forgot your password?

Official OS 5.0.0.509 For The BB 9000, 8900, 8520 from WIND Hellas

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion Official OS 5.0.0.509 For The BB 9000, 8900, 8520 from WIND Hellas

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Panagiotis Kafkarkou 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

boy_de_ghet
    Participant

Having just leaked the other day, OS 5.0.0.509 has just gone official for both the BlackBerry Curve 8520, 8900 and the BlackBerry Bold 9000. You can grab both via the WIND Hellas BlackBerry download page and get started on your upgrade if you passed over the leaked versions. If you are looking to see what changes came with the OS

os509.png

Download from Provider :

Mirror RS :

Luis Merlos

Seems a bit more solid than the last few leaks

Panagiotis Kafkarkou

I updated my berry to this release from OS 4.6 (I think)

At the beginning my berry was crushing all the time. Then I uninstalled and re-installed some apps, such as Viigo and Opera Mini.

Now works like a charm, blazing fast and with many improvements. I liked the following:

– Alt+O always displays the outgoing folder in messages

– The search function in messages always works

– Themes can be customized

– Shape Services IM+ works perfectly now. All new messages are displayed in the Messages app, just like BBMessenger messages.

– In the SMS app, the 'c' shortcut creates a new sms and not an email

– The threated SMS function makes SMS messaging look like the BBMessenger chats

– The native browser has improved a lot

– Now you can search for a contact from the home screen and you can email him directly from the home screen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC