Forgot your password?

New Website Look?

Home Forums Discuss Anything New Website Look?

This topic contains 28 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

parked

Specifically, the Comments section of the blogs. Also, those without a Gravatar now have a nice, little avatar.

Lookin’ good, BR. ;)

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

So you have been paying attention. :) I have been working behind the scenes to do some nice upgrades to the look of BerryReview. I am doing it as I learn more about CSS3 and HTML5. The only downside is that I do not have old browsers to test against so hopefully it looks right on them.

Got some other nice upgrades coming soon. I just don’t like doing it all at once. I find that incremental updates are much more effective and easier to pull off.

Got any other suggestions?

parked

Of course. :)

Good idea with incremental. Too much at a time brings out the bugs. I don’t mind copying and pasting, but is the website able to do a quote+reply combo?

Nice job so far! Haha, now everyone’s avatars are blockhead characters.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

What do you mean? In the forums or in the comments? I just find that sometimes a reply/quote function adds redundant text in the comments. In the forums it might be useful.. what do you think?

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

parked said:

Of course. :)

Good idea with incremental. Too much at a time brings out the bugs. I don’t mind copying and pasting, but is the website able to do a quote+reply combo?

Nice job so far! Haha, now everyone’s avatars are blockhead characters.

Just added the quote feature. :) You can now quote people when you reply.

tfrankson
    Participant

I like it, esp the Avatar. Any way you could Share a post via Email and the ability to Edit our own post once submitted?

Tash

parked

Ronen Halevy said:

Just added the quote feature. :) You can now quote people when you reply.

Sweet. Yep, I meant the Forum. I’m a happy camper.

tfrankson said:

I like it, esp the Avatar. Any way you could Share a post via Email and the ability to Edit our own post once submitted?

You can edit in the Forum, but not in the blog’s Comments area. Personally, I like that you cannot edit Comments because it trains people to think, review, or calm down before they post as the Comments area is the most visible and more visited part of the website.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Yeah I have been trying to find a way to easily allow users to edit their comments via their IP address but its tricky.

Share post by email is interesting. You mean like email the full article through a form? Or are we talking just an email link?

tfrankson
    Participant

Either way, just having the ability to share an article via Email

Ronen Halevy said:

Yeah I have been trying to find a way to easily allow users to edit their comments via their IP address but its tricky.

Share post by email is interesting. You mean like email the full article through a form? Or are we talking just an email link?

Tash

tfrankson
    Participant

I also notice the webstie loads slowler now. Anyone exp lag when first entering site? I doubt it’s my comp, I’m checking from work and other sites load normal.

Tash

parked

tfrankson said:

I also notice the webstie loads slowler now. Anyone exp lag when first entering site? I doubt it’s my comp, I’m checking from work and other sites load normal.

I don’t get slowness on the comp, but I sometimes do get some kind of error for the mobile site on my 9650. Something about maximum number of somethings reached lol. I just close my browser, re-start, and everything’s fine.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Weird. Is there a specific page you are expriencing the lag on? We do quite a bit of work to make sure there is no lag so I would want to know to be able to fix it :)

parked

I get the error after I submit a comment and then return to the homepage to read the next blog entry. Lol, or perhaps that is BB/BR’s kind way of telling me to stop posting. :P

Although, I did recently “upgrade” to 5.0.1030 (or whatever the newest OS5 is) and I haven’t gotten the error since then.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

parked said:

I get the error after I submit a comment and then return to the homepage to read the next blog entry. Lol, or perhaps that is BB/BR’s kind way of telling me to stop posting. :P

Although, I did recently “upgrade” to 5.0.1030 (or whatever the newest OS5 is) and I haven’t gotten the error since then.

so you are not getting the error anymore?

s

DavidB
    Participant

Ronen Halevy said:

Got some other nice upgrades coming soon. I just don’t like doing it all at once. I find that incremental updates are much more effective and easier to pull off.

You know where to reach your beta tester… ;)

Got any other suggestions?

I’ll try to refrain from so many HARD suggestions…

DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work
    Verizon Droid Bionic play

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC