Forgot your password?

New Website Look?

Home Forums Discuss Anything New Website Look?

This topic contains 28 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #174464

    parked
    Member
    Posts: 46

    Specifically, the Comments section of the blogs. Also, those without a Gravatar now have a nice, little avatar.

    Lookin’ good, BR. ;)

    #183023

    Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster
    Posts: 2,906

    So you have been paying attention. :) I have been working behind the scenes to do some nice upgrades to the look of BerryReview. I am doing it as I learn more about CSS3 and HTML5. The only downside is that I do not have old browsers to test against so hopefully it looks right on them.

    Got some other nice upgrades coming soon. I just don’t like doing it all at once. I find that incremental updates are much more effective and easier to pull off.

    Got any other suggestions?

    #183024

    parked
    Member
    Posts: 46

    Of course. :)

    Good idea with incremental. Too much at a time brings out the bugs. I don’t mind copying and pasting, but is the website able to do a quote+reply combo?

    Nice job so far! Haha, now everyone’s avatars are blockhead characters.

    #183025

    Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster
    Posts: 2,906

    What do you mean? In the forums or in the comments? I just find that sometimes a reply/quote function adds redundant text in the comments. In the forums it might be useful.. what do you think?

    #183026

    Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster
    Posts: 2,906

    parked said:

    Of course. :)

    Good idea with incremental. Too much at a time brings out the bugs. I don’t mind copying and pasting, but is the website able to do a quote+reply combo?

    Nice job so far! Haha, now everyone’s avatars are blockhead characters.

    Just added the quote feature. :) You can now quote people when you reply.

    #183027

    tfrankson
    Participant
    Posts: 31

    I like it, esp the Avatar. Any way you could Share a post via Email and the ability to Edit our own post once submitted?

    Tash

    #183028

    parked
    Member
    Posts: 46

    Ronen Halevy said:

    Just added the quote feature. :) You can now quote people when you reply.

    Sweet. Yep, I meant the Forum. I’m a happy camper.

    tfrankson said:

    I like it, esp the Avatar. Any way you could Share a post via Email and the ability to Edit our own post once submitted?

    You can edit in the Forum, but not in the blog’s Comments area. Personally, I like that you cannot edit Comments because it trains people to think, review, or calm down before they post as the Comments area is the most visible and more visited part of the website.

    #183029

    Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster
    Posts: 2,906

    Yeah I have been trying to find a way to easily allow users to edit their comments via their IP address but its tricky.

    Share post by email is interesting. You mean like email the full article through a form? Or are we talking just an email link?

    #183030

    tfrankson
    Participant
    Posts: 31

    Either way, just having the ability to share an article via Email

    Ronen Halevy said:

    Yeah I have been trying to find a way to easily allow users to edit their comments via their IP address but its tricky.

    Share post by email is interesting. You mean like email the full article through a form? Or are we talking just an email link?

    Tash

    #183031

    tfrankson
    Participant
    Posts: 31

    I also notice the webstie loads slowler now. Anyone exp lag when first entering site? I doubt it’s my comp, I’m checking from work and other sites load normal.

    Tash

    #183032

    parked
    Member
    Posts: 46

    tfrankson said:

    I also notice the webstie loads slowler now. Anyone exp lag when first entering site? I doubt it’s my comp, I’m checking from work and other sites load normal.

    I don’t get slowness on the comp, but I sometimes do get some kind of error for the mobile site on my 9650. Something about maximum number of somethings reached lol. I just close my browser, re-start, and everything’s fine.

    #183033

    Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster
    Posts: 2,906

    Weird. Is there a specific page you are expriencing the lag on? We do quite a bit of work to make sure there is no lag so I would want to know to be able to fix it :)

    #183034

    parked
    Member
    Posts: 46

    I get the error after I submit a comment and then return to the homepage to read the next blog entry. Lol, or perhaps that is BB/BR’s kind way of telling me to stop posting. :P

    Although, I did recently “upgrade” to 5.0.1030 (or whatever the newest OS5 is) and I haven’t gotten the error since then.

    #183035

    Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster
    Posts: 2,906

    parked said:

    I get the error after I submit a comment and then return to the homepage to read the next blog entry. Lol, or perhaps that is BB/BR’s kind way of telling me to stop posting. :P

    Although, I did recently “upgrade” to 5.0.1030 (or whatever the newest OS5 is) and I haven’t gotten the error since then.

    so you are not getting the error anymore?

    s

    #183036

    DavidB
    Participant
    Posts: 103

    Ronen Halevy said:

    Got some other nice upgrades coming soon. I just don’t like doing it all at once. I find that incremental updates are much more effective and easier to pull off.

    You know where to reach your beta tester… ;)

    Got any other suggestions?

    I’ll try to refrain from so many HARD suggestions…

    DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work
    Verizon Droid Bionic play

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC