Forgot your password?

My own Dreamberry (if I may, BR?)

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion My own Dreamberry (if I may, BR?)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  babisboi 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

DanielH
    Participant

1) External microSD slot for the smart phones

2) Overhaul of Desktop manager, perhaps something as fully featured as Palm Desktop, since I don’t use anything for contacts except my BB

3) What’s the deal with no expandable memory for the Playbook (sd card)? Am I going to have to buy the 64gig just to be on the safe side?

What else am I forgetting, future implementations, obviously QNX tops the list…

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

What do you mean external MicroSD? Not like the current torch under the battery cover?

Yeah and the PlayBook is not getting external storage sadly… Real shame

Barry
    Participant

Well at least the iPad 2 reportedly doesn’t have an SD card either. I read that the leaked pic of the slot was actually for the SIM card. So it looks like all (except Toshiba’s) tablets will not have expandable memory.

I don’t mind the microSD slot underneath the battery cover of the recent Blackberries. You can access them without actually removing your battery, and it doesn’t take up space on the exterior. Less is mroe imo. I hate those little rubber or plastic covers that they have on external micro-sd card slots, they often break off.

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

DanielH
    Participant

Yes, as far as I know, the sd slot on every blackberry has always been near the battery or below, not the most accessible. Obviously its not a deal breaker but, for example, most of the Palm devices had the SD slot on the outside of the device. SD cards are cheap, outside of the device allows for easier access to swap cards in and out as you please.

DanielH
    Participant

Ronen Halevy said:

What do you mean external MicroSD? Not like the current torch under the battery cover?

Yeah and the PlayBook is not getting external storage sadly… Real shame

I’m actually kind of worried and hate to say it but right now, hopefully it will change, it’s borderline deal breaker for me. I have a 500 gig hd on my laptop, about 350 of which I’m using. Will it replace my laptop? No, but media files are big and I don’t want to be limited. I’ll especially be disappointed in RIM if they then release one with expandable memory in say, 2012.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

dshcpa1 said:

Yes, as far as I know, the sd slot on every blackberry has always been near the battery or below, not the most accessible. Obviously its not a deal breaker but, for example, most of the Palm devices had the SD slot on the outside of the device. SD cards are cheap, outside of the device allows for easier access to swap cards in and out as you please.

Yeah thats the thing they did make it sort of external on the 81XX and 9000 devices but they made it so hard to get the card out once put in that it was no use…

Barry
    Participant

Expandable memory on the Playbook would have been nice I agree. But still not a deal breaker for me. At home, I’m sure there’ll be some type of DLNA-type wifi streaming capability where I could play movies from my desktop’s 2TB drive. And on the road, I can just load whatever movies I want to see that day and switch em up as needed. Don’t really need to have my whole library on it.

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

Fubaz

hmm… some of these things ive never though of.

Ive always rocked a large SD card so taking it in and out was never a question, and i do my file xfers via BT.

and for DM, i still use DM5 because i use other various tools to do the more intense BB stuff, like BBSAK and BBMCP.

and as for storage…. I hope they put some sort of expandable storage on the PB.

Big Up Big Up, Its a Stick Up Stick Up

Barry
    Participant

They’ve already started production of the PB and unless they snuck one onto the pb without anyone knowiing there’s no expandable memory

DanielH
    Participant

fubaz said:

hmm… some of these things ive never though of.

Ive always rocked a large SD card so taking it in and out was never a question, and i do my file xfers via BT.

I have about 4gb left on a 16gb card and I believe most of the BBs released in the last 2 years support 32gb cards so…internal vs external, not really a big deal, just sayin…

Barry
    Participant

Honestly, my dream Blackberry would be the Dakota exactly, except it would have a dual core processor, some extra RAM and QNX. That would be the best.

domi994
    Participant

would be nicer with the external storage, but so far the ipad doenst have it and i dont think it will ..

Barry
    Participant

domi994 said:

would be nicer with the external storage, but so far the ipad doenst have it and i dont think it will ..

And if reports are true, the iPad 2 only has a 1 mega-pixel rear camera? What’s with that?

DanielH
    Participant

barrist said:

And if reports are true, the iPad 2 only has a 1 mega-pixel rear camera? What’s with that?

You want really want to know? They’re holding out for the iPad 3. They’ll bump up the specs slightly and then market it as REVOLUTIONARY….if Apple ever released a complete package, people would use their Apple product for more than a year. Apple wants you to keep buying, ever year and they’ll tell you that you really do need the latest and best.

Barry
    Participant

Hah true and steve jobs will tell us how we don’t need more than 1 megapixel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC