Forgot your password?

Missing Contact Features

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion Missing Contact Features

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  parked 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

yybenedb
    Participant

Looking for Two Contact Features I switched from Palm to Blackberry a few years back. For the most part, I am happy. There are two features that the Palm Address Book had that I repeatedly reach for only to be disappointed:

1. I often add a new acquaintance in on the fly. A day or so later, I can't remember his name. Palm had a menu item called recently added contacts which used to save the day…..

2. When adding a contact from the same office as an existing contact, I used to save time by first duplicating the existing contact and after that modifying it. Blackberry has no duplicate contact option. If anyone knows of any third party applications that add these features, I would really appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

DavidB
    Participant

For #1 I don’t know of an app that does that but you might try browsing around in app world (which you can do from a PC now a lot faster than from bb itself).

For #2, do you synchronize your contacts with a PIM such as Outlook? If so, perhaps you could duplicate there and then modify to suite? But again, browsing app world might turn up something.

http://www.blackberry.com/appworld

DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work
    Verizon Droid Bionic play

Terrence T
    Participant

Yea. I don’t remember seeing such an app to do it.

m0m0

1. I usually add details in the job title field. So if I forgot the name, i can recall by company or some other detail.

2. You can try emailing the contact to your self and then saving it, if it is worth the effort.

parked

yybenedb, have you tried Xobni?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC