Forgot your password?

Loading a new OS 9700 6.0.0.344 on my BES Activated Blackberry

Home Forums Questions and Answers Loading a new OS 9700 6.0.0.344 on my BES Activated Blackberry

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DavidB 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lfarmer

Just a quick question. In the past I have loaded new Blackberry OS but only on a BIS Blackberry. My new job has me using my Blackberry but it is activated on their BES. If I load a new OS will I need to re-activate(read call IT) or will the activation move to the new OS?

Thanks in advance!

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

You will need to reactivate it. There is usually a way to do that without asking your BES administrator if you have desktop manager installed on your work PC which also has outlook connected to your email. It then does what is called a wired activation unless your BES admin disabled that (most dont)

DavidB
    Participant

I’ve never had to reactivate on my company BES as long as I’m staying on the same device. When I switch device I always have to get a new BES activation code from my admin.

BUT, I’ve never upgraded to BlackBerry 6.

DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work
    Verizon Droid Bionic play

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC