Forgot your password?

Leaked OS 5.0.0.230 For 8330

Home Forums BlackBerry News Leaked OS 5.0.0.230 For 8330

This topic contains 53 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mike068 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Luis Merlos

Morganizer & Abbi let us know that the 8330 device finally received some love from OS 5.0.0.230 which was leaked over at http://www.berryaddicted.com. You can pick up the file at the following link:

Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B4M886AQ

A note of caution: Do this upgrade at your own risk because it may render your device unusable if you are not familiar with OS upgrades, this is a Beta OS and not an official release.

Make sure you delete the Vendor.xml if before installing as it may make it easier to install if your DM does not recognize it, launch the application loader, always do backups before installing any OS.Let us know in the comments how it works and any issues you may find, enjoy.
    Leaked OS 5.0.0.230 For 8330

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Whoa, no way… I was definitely not expecting the 83xx to get 5.0. Now I really wonder if 81xx will get the 5.0 treatment someday…

Luis Merlos

I have been playing around with this os since about 6pm monday and the one thing i find funny is that it come with bbm 4.7 not 5.0

Luis Merlos

so far it doesn’t look like it many people are saying just the newer devices will but who knows, hopefully they do but it be hard to tell unless we see something leak or rim decides to tell us which devices will get the upgrade.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

does this mean the 8300 will be soon…

automan69
    Participant

This update is for GSM curves not MEID cmda phones. That’s sucks!! I read it on CB.

Wouldn't it be nice if when ever we messed up our live we could simply press ' Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over??

Luis Merlos

yeah that does suck, since GSM & CDMA devices need different settings..

automan69
    Participant

Sorry correction its for ESN version not MEID version. Hope thay clears the air.

Wouldn't it be nice if when ever we messed up our live we could simply press ' Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over??

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

So will this work on averizon 8330?

automan69
    Participant

Not to sure what VZ runs on but you can go to options then status and look to see if it says ESN or MEID. That will answer your qusetion.

Luis Merlos

yeah none of the 5.0 os leaks come with the new one since that will be a separate deal from what I understand it will be pushed out maybe as an upgrade to the current one instead of the 5.0 and most likely won’t be named BBM5

Remzi Turer
    Participant

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Does anyone ever actually pay for a rapidshare (or other file hoster) premium account?

BTW, there’s a program out there called jdownloader that automates RS downloads for you. Haven’t tried it but google search turned it up.

Remzi Turer
    Participant

Jdownloader works on Windows, Mac and Linux and is great for many file hosting sites. Also checkout CryptLoad, which works well on Windows.

ShvartzBerry
    Participant

Can anyone confirm success with a Verizon 8330 before I brick my Berry?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC