Forgot your password?

How To Get MMS and BIS Working on an Unlocked BlackBerry Torch 9800

Home Forums Questions and Answers How To Get MMS and BIS Working on an Unlocked BlackBerry Torch 9800

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mkconnors2008 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Luis Merlos

If you are using a Torch 9800 on T-Mobile chances are you are having MMS issues and probably BIS issues. The easiest way to partially fix this is by using your old T-Mobile device like a 9700.

Note that for some sending MMS option are missing and some only receive small pictures. The small image issues is there ins’t a fixed for it yet but hopefully it will be fixed once T-mobile releases the 9780 in a few weeks.

1. Start by inserting you SIM card on your old device and activating all the services on it.

2. Once you have everything working on your old device go to Options/Advance Options/Service books and type alt+SEB (hold alt the whole time. You will see a message saying legacy SB enable. This will allow you to transfer all your BIS data.

3.) Connect your old device and plug it into your pc fire up DM and do a Device Switch using the wizard on DM.

4. Select transfer all settings. DM will create a temporary file and when it is done it will ask you to connect the other device.

5. Before you connect your Torch go to Service Books on the torch and enable Legacy SB by typing ALT+SBEB.

6. Connect your Torch and complete the setting transfer reboot the device and you should have browser and should be able to send and receive MMS messages except that the pictures are small when you receive them.

This method should transfer all your settings from your old device.

CrackBerry Forums There is a set of instructions that make use of doing a backup and re-store options.

Read below:

1. Start by inserting you SIM card on your old device and activating all the services on it.

2. Once you have everything working on your old device go to Options/Advance Options/Service books and type alt+SEB (hold alt the whole time. Do the same on the Torch. You will see a message saying legacy SB enable. This will allow you to transfer all your BIS data.

3. Connect your old device and load DM, on left side select DEVICE, Device Options, Select Custom, select Service Books and anything related to TCP, WAP and MMS settings also any other data you want to transfer. Desktop manager will save a copy of all your settings.

5. Unplug your old device and then connect your BB Torch and do a Restore. Find that file that you just created and load it to your BB Torch.

Audrutis
    Participant

Dear Luis,

thanks very much for reply.

I will try doing this with my Storm 9530.

Hopefully, it will work.

Best regards,

Audrius

crosoldier
    Participant

Yes, I am having Bis and mms and email issues on unlocked BB Torch 9800. I tried the suggestions mentioned here, and still can’t get it to work. Any more suggestions would be awesome.

I am going to go thru steps for the 10th time, and see if it might work this time.

Fubaz

Audutris, it seems they have issues getttin the storms to work.

From what I have read is that a lot of people arent successful.

I wish you luck!

Big Up Big Up, Its a Stick Up Stick Up

mkconnors2008

There has to be something wrong with the unlock sequence if it is not working. The reason being is that the APN (or a little easier..the IP) that is used for the traffic of the BIS service or MMS service is downloaded to the handset from the carrier. So, in theory, you should download the new values from the new carrier when you first register. You may want to check manually on your settings for these services to see what the APNs are. If they are set some something other that want the carrier you have specified, then this is the issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC