Forgot your password?

How to Downgrade OS from 5.0 to a lower OS such as 4.6

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion How to Downgrade OS from 5.0 to a lower OS such as 4.6

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  parked 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Luis Merlos

With Beta OS leaks coming out I though it be nice to know how to downgrade OS the easiest way.

If you found yourself stuck on a Beta OS with 5.0 and want to downgrade the the last working OS here is what you need to do.

1. Go to control Panel> Uninstall program> and uninstall any program that readas "BlackBerry device software. Not make sure is not the Destop manager software

2. Download the last OS you used or latest know stable OS and install (Do not open Desktop Manager Yet)

3. Go to you C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/app loader and delete the Vedor file (This is only needed if the OS is from a different carrier and it won't make a difference if is not)

4. If the Desktop Manager does not automatically detects or ask you to Upgrade software (more like a downgrade) Fire up Desktop Manger and click on App loader > then on Update software. This will usually detect the available versions of OS and lets you choose, if it does not it will say "no software update is required for your device" it give you this option is because you have a higher OS number so what you need to do here is click on options or Advace options depending on what version of DM you are using.

5. When on Advance options or just options it will give you a list of all the apps and BB applications are available or already installed on your device select what you need and or un-select what you don't need.

6. Last step click next and it should tell you what it will remove/update along with that it should tell you which version of OS is getting ready to install on your device.

Todd Male
    Participant

Nice post Luis! Very helpful

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

testing

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Teddy.it

Good post!

BB 8900 fw 5.0.0.100

mpark

I have wiped out my device and appears a white screen with 507 error.

I am trying to connect my bb with DM but it won’t connect. What can i do ?

I have deleted vendor files already before loading DM.

by the way the model of my device is a bold 9000

Luis Merlos

I would take the battery out and connect it that way it should detect the bb but will say unknown pin, you can put the battery on once the update has started. Make sure to re-start your pc just in case that’s the issue.

tfrankson
    Participant

That should do the trick. Keep us informed.

Luis Merlos said:

I would take the battery out and connect it that way it should detect the bb but will say unknown pin, you can put the battery on once the update has started. Make sure to re-start your pc just in case that’s the issue.

Tash

parked

mpark said:

I have wiped out my device and appears a white screen with 507 error.

I am trying to connect my bb with DM but it won’t connect. What can i do ?

I have deleted vendor files already before loading DM.

by the way the model of my device is a bold 9000

White screen with 507 error. Did you use JL_Cmder to wipe your device? If so, then you’re on the right track. Have you tried:

1. uninstall BlackBerry OS 5.0 from your computer by going into Add/Remove Programs

2. re-download OS 4.6 from your carrier, if you can find it, and install. Or, try here: OS downloads

3. directly use the application loader,

go to C: > Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > apploader > apploader.exe

I used this method to downgrade from 6.0 to 5.0. Luis mentioned this in the 1st post. The important thing is to get rid of the newer OS first.

Good luck.

parked

sorry. double post.

kman

You want to downgrade to 4.x? I could see maybe a downgrade from 6.x to 5.x…

parked

kman said:

You want to downgrade to 4.x? I could see maybe a downgrade from 6.x to 5.x…

I’m guessing mpark is actually downgrading from 6 to 5, but since the title of the thread is 5 to 4, I kept it as such. The method is still the same for whatever downgrade you want though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC