Forgot your password?

HOT! 9530 Storm OS 5.0.0.140 Found Online!

Home Forums BlackBerry News HOT! 9530 Storm OS 5.0.0.140 Found Online!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  xnxixi01 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Update:

GTALK AND AIM still not available.

BBM can be found from thirsd party website at storm ota.

Sync is now working – idk why

Options opens up now

Lock key stopped working – now doing a battery pull on this

NOTE: BEFORE UPGRADING DELETE THE RIM INTERNAL APPS OTHERWISE YOU WILL KEEP SPAMMING RIM AS YOUR BB WILL NOT STOP SENDING EMAILS TO SOMEONE NAMED QUINCY!!!!!!

the BerryReview Team
    Keymaster

I got two emails from Joe & Hudss about OS 5.0.0.140 leaking for the 9530 Storm. This is hot since this is the first leak for OS 5.0 for the Storm as far as I know.

The link is coming from the CrackBerry forums by DD214 and is in a RAR file so you will need the free 7-zip program to open it. The password for the RAR file is raysource.

Download @ Megaupload

So what are you waiting for? Keep in mind that this is still buggy and lots of software will not work!

NOTE: Do not install this software if you do not know what you are doing. It may make your BlackBerry FUBAR or just plain angry.

HOT! 9530 Storm OS 5.0.0.140 Found Online!

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Luis Merlos

yeah you can go to your regular uninstall programs option on your pc to remove those Rim internal tools, which is basically that quincy app..

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Haven’t install this version yet, upon extracting the files some have the name of “Quincy”

sample: Quincy

You mention to delete the “RIM INTERNAL APPS”, would you kindly elaborate on this?

Thanks in Advance

Luis Merlos

yes when you install this on your pc it usually installs the software that loads the quincy app to your BB, when loading the OS when you get to the section where you select which settings you want loaded to your BB it may give you the option to un-check it, but the best bet is to go to your control panel on your pc, then to add/remove programs, on vista it will be under un-install programs and arrange the programs from decending order by install date and you will see the last programs you installed on your pc one of them being the "Rim internal tools" or by a similar name, the other you don't delete which will say 9530 Operating system don't touch that.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Keep in mind that this is very early beta software at best, seems pretty close to what was on the Storm 2 video that CrackBerry had running (until they were asked to remove it). I want OS 5.0 and I want a Storm 2 but sometimes we just have to let RIM do their job and get this done right before we jump on them. Just a thought, now who’s buying the next round.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

I found this on CB. However I had already installed before deleting. To prevent sending emails to RIM i launched the Quincy application and clikced on disable.

I do not know how to delete via control panel. Do a google search and I’m sure you will find details.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

My suggestion is that you don’t download this. Too buggy. I downgraded and waste my whole day on this thing. Dn’t waste your time. Wait for official, which I must say will be exceptionally fast and responsive.

Justin

Another difference I noticed was that the Applications menu item is now directly under Options, not under Advanced Options as before. The Apps menu item also displays the icon of the app, presumably so you know whether you are deleting the right one. Although Quincy is listed, it does not allow you to delete the app.

Justin

Oh, and whoever is using this, and doesn’t remove the RIM internal apps….go to Options>Bug Report and disable this, or additional emails will be sent to RIM.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

I upgraded but now the BB keeps restarting (rebooting). What should I do? h e l p …

Thanks

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Read at my previous comment. What you should do is downgrade. This is way too buggy.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

I cannot make calls now, my host routing table is empty and btw I work through a different operator. Not Verizon (Cellcom in Israel)

Thanks

(anything special I should know before downgrading?)

xnxixi01

??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC