Forgot your password?

Help! My email's "send" is missing!

Home Forums Questions and Answers Help! My email's "send" is missing!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Terrence T 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Terrence T
    Participant

Hey guys!

I have this weird problem which just occurred out of the blue.

Usually, when we compose an email, when we type a few alphabets out on the to or cc or bcc section, a list of contacts will appear and let us choose. Then, after selecting a contact, it will choose the email account it will use to send it.

Just yesterday, i was composing a couple of emails. All of a sudden, as i was about to create a new email (5th one), when i type anything in any of the 3 fields, nothing appears!! even if i type the full email address, the email account is not automatically chosen! Even if i choose which email manually, send i pressed menu to send, the send button is missing!!

I have tried deleting the service books (in the bb using advanced -> service books) and resending it but to no avail. Any idea anyone? =(

I dont wish to reload my firmware as it will take me close to 3hours (the sheer amount of apps and customization..)

(I am using Blackberry 8900 on OS5)

Thanks in advance!

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Hi Terrence,

If it was just the email addresses not autocompleting I would say you have the duplicate address book issue:

http://www.berryreview.com/2010/06/03/faq-duplicate-desktop-or-unknown-contact-list-databases-found-in-contact-options/

The send button missing is usually the cause of a database or service book being corrupt. Try this knowledge base article:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11381&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_SUPPORTISSUE_1_1&dialogID=742627027&stateId=0%200%20742623182

Terrence T
    Participant

Oh well. Tried service books thingy and failed.. backup clear and restore.. failed.. Shall try ABC..

Terrence T
    Participant

im trying to figure out why when i clear "address book", the "addressbook – all" will also be deleted

*Edit: And… it still dont work*

Terrence T
    Participant

anyone? =(

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Do you still have an addressbook-all? Which one has all your contacts? Addressbook or addressbook-all?

Terrence T
    Participant

Sadly both.

I'm not sure whats wrong. I tried deleting the whole address books and reload a old one (last month's) which was then 100% working.

But when i did that, addressbook-all suddenly became addressbook and addressbook all in my BB,..

Now my concern is if i were to switch to my torch, will i face the same issue?

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Hi Terrence,

Without the device in front of me what I usually recommend for beginners is to try and sync all of your data to Outlook and then totally erase everything on the device to start fresh. Do you think you could do that?

Terrence T
    Participant

I dont use outlook.. i'm just using a normal BIS to my gmail, yahoo and hotmail accounts.

Maybe i'll try moving my data to my torch once it arrives before concluding anything.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Yeah that might work but even RIM recommends backing up everything to Outlook or some other program and then restoring everything but the address book

Terrence T
    Participant

ohs. I'm not sure how syncing might work but, i'll see how it goes. Thanks!

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Let me know how it works out!

Terrence T
    Participant

Yes it works!!!

I have just sent a purchase request for my torch.. waiting for you guys to reply with the unlock code.. sent about 3 hours ago! =)

strangely, when i put my sim back into my old javelin, the problem was resolved too… hmm..

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Sweet glad to hear things are working. You should have gotten your unlock code. We hold usual business hours on the east coast so we cannot get to the unlock codes as fast out of our business hours.

Terrence T
    Participant

Yea. I got it… Thanks. =)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC