Help! – I need to unlock an HARD-LOCKED(BLOCKED) BB 9800

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion Help! – I need to unlock an HARD-LOCKED(BLOCKED) BB 9800

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  crackm8701 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

danawoyele
    Participant

pls where can i find the code to unlock a HARD-LOCKED(BLOCKED) BB 9800,urgently,if possible a free site

crackm8701
    Participant

I dont think there is a free site for unlocking. But once you enter the unlocked code 10 times wrong the phone with be locked to whichever network its on forever.

PB Forever
    Participant

Yep crackm is right. If the BB is password protected the encryption level is at 128 bit which is the same used for credit card and paypal transactions on the net.

Depending on how many tries it allows you after that, the phone will self wiped and it’ll be a brick forever.

There is no way to reset or break the code unless you’re the person who entered the code.

Sorry no good news. How is it you have a phone and no code?

crackm8701
    Participant

PB isnt he referring to the network unlock code? At least thats what i think it is.

PB Forever
    Participant

@ Crackm, not sure.

When he said “Hard Locked,

blocked” I assumed it was password encrypted. If it’s network locked I don’t consider that a hard lock cuz you can get codes to unlock it but not for free.

It’s pretty cheap tho. I unlocked my Torch for $7.00.

I think BR Review can unlock the phone. He just needs to check in the store to find out the cost.

But, you’re still right, if you mess around with the network code you could lock the phone to that network forever or even not have your phone work!

I also think you only get 5 tries at unlocking your BB from your network.

crackm8701
    Participant

Its 10 tries for unlocking your bb from a network but he won’t even reply let’s us kno what is? So we can stop picking our brain trying to figure out what he is referring to ha

PB Forever
    Participant

LMAO… hahahaha… yeah aren’t we an obsessive compulsive pair! :D

danawoyele
    Participant

am sorry @PB FOREVER and @CRACKM for not responding on time its a network lock and the number of tries left is 0,from what ure sayin it means this phone is permanently locked to the network it came from

PB Forever
    Participant

Hey Dana, no worries. Just trying to be helpful.

Yes, unfortunately you now have a phone that is locked down. Depending on where you live you may be able to find a dealer who can source the unlock code for you but he would have to physically have the phone and reset it. It happened to my old Windows phone. I was entering the code wrong but I took it to a phone dealer and he was able to fix it for me. But, it will cost more money. I think I paid around $30.00 for it to be done.

If you paid for an unlock code over the internet (they work, btw) that’s a lot cheaper. Like $5-10. I found some on Craigslist or even on ebay. I like craigslist cuz the people were local. I unlocked by Torch via a Groupon coupon purchase so it was super cheap.

Each unlock code is specific to the IMEI number and serial number I think so while it may work on one BB it wouldn’t work on another.

Good luck. :) Let us know what you did.

Terrence T
    Participant

I think he meant his MEPD is hit 10 times already, he cannot enter any more mepd unlock codes into the phone.

crackm8701
    Participant

Thats correct @danawoyele the only thing you can do now is continue using it on that network sorry man but you got to be more careful next time around.

@ PB the unlock code he got is wrong and it permanently lock the phone down forever from switching carriers.

@ Terrence your right thats what he means.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2014’ BerryReview LLC