Forgot your password?

Hello

Home Forums Discuss Anything Hello

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Terrence T 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

DanielH
    Participant

My name is Dan, from CT. I’m new to the forums (but not Berryreview, first BB site I found, been an RSS subscriber for probably 2 or 3 yrs) but not Blackberry, I’m currently using a 9700 on AT&T, which I bought the week it came out. Before that I had an 8310 for about a year. Now, I’m looking forward to the Playbook’s arrival.

grmonkey
    Participant

welcome. i am new to the forums also :)

BBM > Apple's millions.
    😀

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Hi there! Nice to meet you both.

@dshcpa: Have you tried upgrading your 9700 to OS 6.0 from the beta leaks?

grmonkey
    Participant

i had updated my 9700 with previous leaks.

but unfortunately OS6 on a 9700 :( not really as nice as it is on a 9800.

i went back to OS5, it just works.

i feel like OS 6 is built more for touch screen based berry’s such as the Torch.

I waited for the first OS6 leak for a while and when it finally came out i was excited out of my mind but then as time went it got boring and the scrolling became very annoying.

the function to one of my apps was gone and battery life went down. :( :(

memory loss was great and the constant slow down of my berry was just not what i wanted.

im bak to loving my berry like i did. its on OS5 but you know what it works and i love it. i would want OS6 only on a touch screen version of my 9700 :D mayb a bold 9900 >jst like the 9700 but :D WITH A touch screen and no track pad and a bigger keyboard like the one on the 9000 that would be sweet !

i can dream!

BBM > Apple's millions.
    😀

DanielH
    Participant

@Ronen: No I have not yet upgraded to OS6. I’ve been keeping it an eye on the beta leaks and the various reviews out there but have not yet pulled the trigger. My biggest holdup is the fear of losing some of the 3rd party apps I have and memory (9700 is 256mb while 9780 and 9800 are both 512mb). Am I going to losing a lot of memory installing OS6? And I agree, OS5 works and well. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure OS6 is very slick just not ready yet. Maybe when AT&T comes out with OS6 I’ll upgrade then. They were pretty slow on OS5 though so I should have plenty of time.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

The browser is the biggest change in 6.0. If you don’t need it then there really is no reason to upgrade.

Fubaz

grmonkey said:

i had updated my 9700 with previous leaks.

but unfortunately OS6 on a 9700 :( not really as nice as it is on a 9800.

i went back to OS5, it just works.

i feel like OS 6 is built more for touch screen based berry’s such as the Torch.

I waited for the first OS6 leak for a while and when it finally came out i was excited out of my mind but then as time went it got boring and the scrolling became very annoying.

the function to one of my apps was gone and battery life went down. :( :(

memory loss was great and the constant slow down of my berry was just not what i wanted.

im bak to loving my berry like i did. its on OS5 but you know what it works and i love it. i would want OS6 only on a touch screen version of my 9700 :D mayb a bold 9900 >jst like the 9700 but :D WITH A touch screen and no track pad and a bigger keyboard like the one on the 9000 that would be sweet !

i can dream!

Really? (about the os6 on the 9700)

I love 6 on my 9700, it runs so much cleaner than on a 9800.

I find its more fluid and more responsive.

the .424 leak is the most stable available and i recommend maybe re trying it.

dont forget to use Shrink-a-OS first

Big Up Big Up, Its a Stick Up Stick Up

parked

Ronen Halevy said:

The browser is the biggest change in 6.0. If you don’t need it then there really is no reason to upgrade.

QFT.

After playing around with the browser when I upgraded to BB6, I thought it was really cool, especially the tabbed browsing. I didn’t really notice a speed increase, but I use WiFi when browsing. I don’t use the browser as much (as I should?) so I went back to 5.0 because it wasn’t broke so it didn’t need a-fixin’.

Luis Merlos

I find myself using the BlackBerry 6 browser a lot more now, even on EDGE with the 9800 on tmobile the browser is fast enough to get things done.

Terrence T
    Participant

im still using GPRS even though 3G is available :(

DavidB
    Participant

Terrence T said:

im still using GPRS even though 3G is available :(

GPRS? ee-gads man! Is that because of your device, or you just live in the boonies?

DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work
    Verizon Droid Bionic play

Terrence T
    Participant

Im using a torch. But its just that while 3G is available, it sucks up battery and if i’m in a building, chances are reception will suck. Life sucks here for wireless. :(

DavidB
    Participant

Terrence T said:

Life sucks here for wireless. :(

Sounds like you need a better radio management app. One that can use location to turn your 3G on and off.

Here, it doesn’t matter in a building or out, ATT drops calls and slow data.

DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work
    Verizon Droid Bionic play

Terrence T
    Participant

Hehe. Yea. I did buy that radio management app. But heck. Im better off on the old reliable 2g network for now. :)

hopefully by playbook, it will be stronger.

Anyway, the funny thing: in underground areas (underpasses or train services – similar to metro), signal is very strong. Just as though one is in the open field.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC