Forgot your password?

Has anyone tested the BB Enterprise Server Manager 4.1.2.25 in Windows 7?

Home Forums Questions and Answers Has anyone tested the BB Enterprise Server Manager 4.1.2.25 in Windows 7?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Derek Brown 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

BESAdmin
    Participant

Has anyone tested the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Manager 4.1.2.25 on a Windows 7 system? We currently use five BES running BES version 4.1.5.24 for our Lotus Notes / Domino environment.

We are testing using Windows 7 on our desktops and laptops.

I need to know if anyone has successfully installed and run the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Manager 4.1.2.25 on Windows 7

Gareth
    Participant

Hi,

Please use the same Manager version as the Servers. If you have to install a previous version due to installers, Please service pack the local manager installs afterwards.

With regards to Windows 7, I doubt it, as BESX 4.1.7 Manager does not run on Windows 7.

Version 4.1.2 has the listed supported options on Page 22 of the Installation Guide.

Version 4.1.5 has the listed supported options on page 12 of the installation.

Derek Brown
    Participant

I fooled around with trying to make 4.1.7 run on Windows 7, but never managed to get it working natively. Running BlackBerry Manager on Windows 7 is not supported on any version of BES 4.1.X, but if your Windows 7 machine supports XP Mode, you can install the BlackBerry Manager inside XP Mode. This has worked beautifully for me on 4.1.4, 4.1.5, 4.1.6, and 4.1.7. I don't see why it would not work for 4.1.5.24, but as JohnnyB suggested, I strongly recommend running the same version of BlackBerry Manager as your BES server version.

Derek Brown
    Sr. Systems Engineer
    Vision One IT Consulting

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC