August 3, 2009 at 6:29 PM #179521
Nikolaus WalchParticipantPosts: 74
I really like this app, even though the compass can take a long time to get correctly orientatedAugust 3, 2009 at 6:29 PM #173737
Ronen HalevyKeymasterPosts: 2,906
Emacberry has really packed in some serious functionality into the latest version of GPSLogger. GPSLogger is a donationware/free GPS tracking application for BlackBerry. The latest version 1.5 brings in some new outdoor navigation features that are really cool. My favorite is the Bring me Back routing that will bring you back to your starting point.
The other cool feature is the outdoor navigation. It lets you import tracks that other people have recorded in KML or GPX format and follow the tracks that somebody else set. There are hundreds of these on GPSies and other sites but you really should read the whole guide before trying it out.
- Outdoor Navigation! – All Details about this new feature (and the corresponding new options) can be found at the Outdoor Navigation documentation.
- When logging a new MenuItem called ‘Bring me Back (route)’ is available:
See Special function in logging mode: ‘Bring me Back (route)’.
- Logging status indicated by (logging), (paused) in the upper left corner
- New Shortcut +[A|S]: (S)tart logging
- New Shortcut +[Q|W]: (Q)uit logging
- New Shortcut +[O|P]: Toggle (P)ause
- New Function: Clear all paths data/reset GPSLogger (key shortcut +[Y|X|Z])
- Changes between Imperial and Metric units will automatically update unit dependent option values (’Distance signal’, ‘When Waypoint is reached’ & ‘Distance to next Waypoint’)
- New symbol for ‘location to reach’ in the Path-View
- Reorganized main menu structure
- Additional menu entries (e.g. zoom in/out) for Storm Users (can be used instead of key shortcuts)
- All lines will rendered with anti-aliasing-effect
- Checking GPS-Location for ‘0′ as latitude or longitude values
- Import of large (0.5 MiB+) KML & GPX files
for Devices with OS 4.2.1+
for Devices with OS 4.6+
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.