Forgot your password?

Google not so smart?

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion Google not so smart?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ronen Halevy 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ShvartzBerry
    Participant

On my Verizon 8330, I do a lot of Google searching via the Go To screen on the browser. It only hit me recently that the search results show up as a full Google page instead of the mobile version. What a waste, especially on the small Curve screen. I even tried changing my Google preferences to display the PDA version but that did not seem to help. Is there any way of forcing that search to show up as a mobile view without having to actually first go to the mobile search site?

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Blame RIM for that. The morons direct the search to the desktop site.

ShvartzBerry
    Participant

The real shame here is that RIM doesn’t just trust it’s users to be able play with their own search settings. Don’t we live in a free country? RIM does too!

Luis Merlos

Have you tried to clear your cache, I found that theres is an option to exit the mobile version but won’t let you switch back if you don’t clear it.

ShvartzBerry
    Participant

Nope, that didn’t work.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Nah it has to do with where the RIM app posts the data to when you perform a search. The rocket scientists at RIM decided to send it to the desktop site.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC