Forgot your password?

Get more free music in the Amazon MP3 BlackBerry App

Home Forums User Reviews Get more free music in the Amazon MP3 BlackBerry App

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  babisboi 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

DavidB
    Participant

Those of you who have used the new Amazon MP3 app know it offers you one free song download every day. But we know Amazon offers more free music than just one song each day. So I’ve found a little workaround for this. If you browse the Amazon MP3 store from your PC you can see hundreds of free songs and albums. But the BlackBerry app doesn’t give you a way to easily browse for those free songs. So just find it on your PC and then use the BlackBerry app’s search feature to type in the name (by title, album, or artist) and voila you can download that free music in the app!

Hope this helps some of you find more free music to which you can listen!

DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work
    Verizon Droid Bionic play

Fubaz

So, just to clarify…. Amazon only shows you one free MP3 via the app, and look on the computer for more free songs that arent listed within the amazon app?

Will try.. cheers!

Big Up Big Up, Its a Stick Up Stick Up

DavidB
    Participant

fubaz said:

So, just to clarify…. Amazon only shows you one free MP3 via the app, and look on the computer for more free songs that arent listed within the amazon app?

Will try.. cheers!

Yes. The app will offer a different free song every day. But only 1. If you want to sample the many other free music offerings Amazon has, browse the MP3 store from your PC, find a song or album, and type that name into the app and you can download it free.

Of course, you can also just download to your PC and USB or Bluetooth it over to your BlackBerry.

DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work
    Verizon Droid Bionic play

DanielH
    Participant

Thanks David. Yes, it is true that the app only offers 1 free song per day (it would be nice if they had a tab for Top Free Songs like they do Top Songs, Top Album, New…etc). There is a work around though, in addition to manually searching from your PC:

If you type “free” into the search bar, most of the results that come back are all free songs. There are a few that cost $ but they show up because the song of the title might be “Free as a bird” or something.

DanielH
    Participant

Speaking of the amazonMP3 app, do any of you think we’ll eventually see 2-way syncing? I love the app and like buying music from my blackberry but I also listen to music from my PC a lot as well. I’m not going to buy a song twice for my PC and BB but the only way I know to get a song from BB to PC is to go file exploring and copy and paste. Anyone know of an easier way?

Fubaz

dshcpa1 said:

Speaking of the amazonMP3 app, do any of you think we’ll eventually see 2-way syncing? I love the app and like buying music from my blackberry but I also listen to music from my PC a lot as well. I’m not going to buy a song twice for my PC and BB but the only way I know to get a song from BB to PC is to go file exploring and copy and paste. Anyone know of an easier way?

I WiFi sync with OS6, no issues yet, there are a couple apps that will help with this as well.

Big Up Big Up, Its a Stick Up Stick Up

DanielH
    Participant

Is the Wifi Sync with OS6 two-way though? What I meant was when I buy music from AmazonMP3 on my blackberry, I have to manually copy that song to my computer and then import into iTunes/Windows Media Player. What would be awesome is if BB Desktop Media Sync recognized my BB music library had songs not on my PC music library and automatically updated my PC music library.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Very cool find David!

beamolite
    Participant

Thanks so much for the info. I didn’t know that.

beamolite
    Participant

The only problem is the app search feature doesn’t work on my 9700 running 6.0.0.424.

DanielH
    Participant

Strange, how do you buy music then? Seems like you would be limited to only the Top Songs/Albums, New Albums…tabs etc. Is that correct?

Barry
    Participant

nice find!, will check it out

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

xtremeberry

Type “free” into search bar and click enter key, you will see many more free songs.

GrumpyButtFunny

sweet thanks guys, gonna check that out!

DanielH
    Participant

GrumpyButtFunny said:

sweet thanks guys, gonna check that out!

I’ve been using it for a month or so now and I think you’ll find that it is an excellent app. I didn’t think I would need a music store on my blackberry since I’ve always bought from my pc and just synced it but I’ve actually bought several songs from my bb, I bookmark a lot of songs i.e. I hear a song in the store or in the car, etc. and the app is very smooth and has a nice interface.

There are a few things they could improve, for one, a suggestions tab would be awesome (and awesome way for them to sell more songs). I mean, I downloaded a free song on my pc and then tried to download it again on my bb and it detected that I had already downloaded it once, so I can’t imagine implementing a suggestions tab, based on previous downloads, would be that difficult. Also, 2 way sync would be amazing. I listen to music from my pc and my bb, not just my bb but fortunately, your amazon downloads are stored in a separate folder on your sd card so it is easy to copy and paste them over to your pc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC