gChat client for BB10?

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion gChat client for BB10?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  nelsonturner 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

DanielH
    Participant

Patiently waiting for my contract to expire the first week in June so I can upgrade to the Z10 and was wondering if Google apps are supported at all or if I need to start going piece mail even more (since I’m already looking for a new RSS solution). I am hoping that the gChat app is still supported and there is a way to sync gCal specifically, although a Drive app would be nice too…any confirmation the forum can provide me is much appreciated.

DanielH
    Participant

Oh and a G+ native app would be a nice thing too…but I’m not holding my breath.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Hey Daniel.

BlackBerry has their own Gchat client. There is a great Google Reader client but that is going away shortly. Gcal sync is built into the OS though Google Drive is also accessible thorough many available programs though most are paid ~$3

DanielH
    Participant

Ronen, that’s great to hear. Thanks for the info. I forgot that the gChat client is actually a BlackBerry developed client so makes sense that it would still be supported for BB10. I like that GCal is now built into the OS. As for RSS, I’m trying out feedbin.me ($2/mth), pleased so far but I’m hoping to see a BB10 client (although only 1 out for android so far, an unofficial client).

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

I am using GnewsReader. They also just moved to a new backend service option

pritesh123
    Participant

I am using official GTalk app and it does work quite efficiently :-)

nelsonturner
    Participant

Yes, Blackberry gChat apps will work fine even after the update.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest Articles from

AndroidEffect - Improving Android One Tip at a Time

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2014’ BerryReview LLC