Forgot your password?

Finally! Torch 6.0.0.448 OS LEAK!

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion Finally! Torch 6.0.0.448 OS LEAK!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  fastcivic416 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Barry
    Participant

http://driphter.com/index.php/topic,3465.msg34463.html#msg34463

We Torch users have been waiting a long time!

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

Barry
    Participant

Well it took 3 tries to install this.

My usual procedure was to

– back up in DM, back apps in BBSAK

– security wipe

– bbsak wipe

– shrink os

– install with loader

The first two times, it would boot up to java exceptions. I figured it was because i shrunk something out i wasn’t supposed to, although this has never happened with any prior OS. So I installed it as-is, and it worked fine. I may try to BBSAK delete some of the COD’s manually but i’ll wait for now.

So far, everything looks pretty good. The browser has the thumbnail bookmarks like in the 9700 OS6. But for some reason some sites that automatically reverted to a more mobile friendly view didn’t load on this OS, like it did in the last one. It would try to load the full website. ..

EDIT: after a battery pull the sites loaded fine

utf-8BQ2FwdHVyZSBvbiAwMS0yOC0yMDExIDE1LTE0LTIwLmpwZw.jpg

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

Barry
    Participant

are you kidding me, now 6.0.0.450 is out?

http://n4bb.com/3575/leaked-blackberry-torch-9800-os-6-0-0-450?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+N4BB+%28N4BB.COM%29&utm_content=Twitter

GrumpyButtFunny

45 is out as well :-)

Barry
    Participant

Yeah just finished installing that, just a couple of hours after finally getting 448 to install correctly (problem with Shrink-A-OS).

Seems to be running okay. Wonder what tiny thing was fixed from 448 to 450 hah.

ckinglam
    Participant

The display when you hit MENU key when you are viewing a contact also directly brings you to Call or Text instead of having to scroll down

Barry
    Participant

I seem to be having some battery drain issues. Meterberry is reporting about 10% per hour, it was only about 3 with 337 hybrid bdhp 4.0

I will do a couple battery pulls to see if that helps

Barry
    Participant

Alright so I’ve had .450 on for pretty much the whole day. Overall I’ve been happy.

The battery issues I thought I was having has seemed to settle down.

Although it may take a few more days to really evaluate, I noticed right away that the browser was much snappier and that even the touchscreen seemed more responsive. I was able to type much more accurately it seemed.

I had 448 for a bit and it had a new battery meter which flashed the lightning bolt in and out while charging. For some reason they took it out in 450. Oh well a minor thing.

Boot up is quite fast, I’ve found most os6 releases to be much faster than os5 in bOotup time and this one is the fastest yet.

Overall quite happy, it seemed like quite a long wait since 337 but its all good in the end.

Can’t wait to see if any 6.1 leaks emerge for current phones. I know that some 6.1.0.7 files have beem implemented in some hybrids already.

Barry
    Participant

Hey I also noticed apps have rounded corners now?? At least I don’t think they used to have it. Check it out, screen shot below.

utf-8BQ2FwdHVyZSBvbiAwMS0yOS0yMDExIDIzLTMyLTA4LmpwZw.jpg

It’s fairly faint, and it may be hard to see, but you can see the four corners are a bit rounded now

Fubaz

yeah 2 leaks in one day… lets see some hybrids

Big Up Big Up, Its a Stick Up Stick Up

Barry
    Participant

BDHP 6.0 over at CB should work in principle with these leaks. Not sure if any have tried it yet.

Barry
    Participant

BDHP 6.1 + .448 is working very nicely. I had .450 first, but the battery life was quite poor. Now I get about 0.7% per hour while idle. Before on .450 + 6.1 BDHP I had about 2-3% just sitting idle.

Boot up is fast as expected. Everything running smoothly.

midnght69

Is this worth installing or should I just wait until Blackberry officially releases this update?

Barry
    Participant

I think it’s a marked improvement over .337. And even that wasn’t an official release. If you’re still on .246, I would say definitely yes.

6.0.0.448 + BDHP 6.1 is a winner imo.

fastcivic416
    Participant

i think i really need to upgrade my storm 9530….i’m so jealous of not being able to do an os upgrade anymore. lol

on a serious note tho….i was gonna get the torch but when i heard of the “rumored” specs of the storm3 aka monaco….i had to hold out. i can’t wait for that bb!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC