Forgot your password?

Finally the Dakota!!

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion Finally the Dakota!!

This topic contains 58 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  babisboi 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author

citystars41
    Participant

Dakota Specs

This will definitely be a fan favorite especially since they are going to the old school bold for!!

Building the BlackBerry empire one user at a time

Barry
    Participant

OH MAN.. its mine..

Quote:
    * Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE

* Tri-band UMTS

* 5 megapixel camera with HD video recording, flash, and image stabilization

* 4GB of built in storage, 768MB of RAM

* 2.8-inch VGA 640480 capacitive screen

* WiFi b,g,n on 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies

* 3G mobile hotspot!

* MicroUSB port

* Bluetooth

* NFC

* Magnetometer

* Accelerometer

* Proximity sensor

* 10.5mm thin

* Launches with BlackBerry OS 6.1

3g mobile hotspot!!

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

Barry
    Participant

im having a brain cramp. whats NFC?

640×480 res on a 2.8 will look damn sharp.

Finally HD Recording!!

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

Barry
    Participant

Should have googled it,,

Quote:
    NFC technology is currently aimed mainly at being used with mobile phones. There are currently three specific uses for NFC:

* Card emulation: the NFC device behaves like an existing contactless card

* Reader mode: the NFC device is active and reads a passive RFID tag, for example for interactive advertising

* P2P mode: two NFC devices are communicating together and exchanging information.

Terrence T
    Participant

replaces my torch…….

Barry
    Participant

man im excited for this.. i hope we see some video of this running soon

Edwin
    Participant

i do want this but i am saving my resource for the PlayBook and a 4G BlackBerry

Barry
    Participant

Edwin said:

i do want this but i am saving my resource for the PlayBook and a 4G BlackBerry

luckily i’ve got an upgrade coming in late april.. i’ll wait til this comes out and get it.. AND also going to grab the playbook! Playbook + Dakota = woo!

DanielH
    Participant

barrist said:

OH MAN.. its mine..

Quote:
    * Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE

* Tri-band UMTS

* 5 megapixel camera with HD video recording, flash, and image stabilization

* 4GB of built in storage, 768MB of RAM

* 2.8-inch VGA 640480 capacitive screen

* WiFi b,g,n on 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies

* 3G mobile hotspot!

* MicroUSB port

* Bluetooth

* NFC

* Magnetometer

* Accelerometer

* Proximity sensor

* 10.5mm thin

* Launches with BlackBerry OS 6.1

3g mobile hotspot!!

Those are some pretty impressive specs. I think that even though QNX is still several years away, we will see a very strong showing from RIM. For one, I think they realize they have more then just an enterprise following now and two, I think they really are using the feedback and complaints that BB users have to improve their devices going forward.

DanielH
    Participant

Terrence T said:

replaces my torch…….

Lol, I might be leapfrogging the Torch altogether. I went from the 8310, skipped the 9000 and went straight to the 9700, now I’m might find myself doing the same with the 9800.

DanielH
    Participant

barrist said:

luckily i’ve got an upgrade coming in late april.. i’ll wait til this comes out and get it.. AND also going to grab the playbook! Playbook + Dakota = woo!

My contract expires around that time as well. I’m definitely getting the Playbook, just haven’t decided yet if I’ll wait for the Sprint 4G version. As for the Dakota, I’m hoping its a 2011 release and not a 2012. Hopefully by April there will be more info out as to what devices we can expect to see. I may go month-to-month if the Dakota doesn’t come out till late 2011 or something.

Barry
    Participant

I sure hope its not a 2012 release.. thats when i would expect QNX devices.. they need to release something new in 2011, and it sounds like this fits the bill

citystars41
    Participant

I wonder if they are going to be throwing in a 1 ghz processor in this since the new curve has and 800 mhz in it?

Building the BlackBerry empire one user at a time

Barry
    Participant

hopefully. i wonder why they were able to find out the cpu of the apollo but not dakota?

Barry
    Participant

So pictures and rumours have been seen before on this phone.. I never really followed it then, but is this BGR report seen as a lot more concrete and credible than before?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC