Forgot your password?

FAQ: Understanding How BlackBerry Applications Connect to The Internet (Development)

Home Forums BlackBerry News FAQ: Understanding How BlackBerry Applications Connect to The Internet (Development)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ronen Halevy 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

differentconnectionmethods Over the years I cannot count how many times I have had to explain the convoluted ways that a BlackBerry can use to connect to the internet. Everything from WAP to WAP2 to TCP/IP to BIS to BES to Wi-Fi are just not that simple to describe. Every new BlackBerry developer needs to understand this so their applications can make a reliable connection to the internet. Sadly RIM has yet to provide a comprehensive guide to those not in the BlackBerry Alliance.

From now on I have a solution. Peter Strange has posted a brilliant thread on the official BlackBerry support forums detailing how BlackBerrys connect to the internet and all the issues a developer must deal with. Its a great starting point an may solve most of your questions.

Check out his thread at this link and let me know if you found any other good development resources!

FAQ: Understanding How BlackBerry Applications Connect to The Internet (Development)

TekCG

Great Article!

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

That is a great article and lots of great info..

chuygonzalez
    Participant

Excellent contribution!!

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

I’m an iPhone user for almost 2 years now. Everyone around me in the office are starting to use BB. Not sure when I can hang on to iPhone

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC