Forgot your password?

FAQ: Stuck Language or “EN” Icon? Here is a Possible Fix

Home Forums BlackBerry News FAQ: Stuck Language or “EN” Icon? Here is a Possible Fix

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ronen Halevy 7 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ronen Halevy

A few weeks ago I ran into an issue where the language icon on the top right just got stuck and refused to go away. I could hit ALT+Enter as many times as I liked and it still refused to budge. I finally managed to get rid of it by clearing a specific database on my BlackBerry and thought I would share. Denis asked me the exact same question so I decided to write about it today.

All you need to do is:

• Plug in your BlackBerry to your PC and fire up desktop manager
    • Click the backup and restore section
    • Select advanced restore
    • On the right you will see the databases on your BlackBerry
    • Select the input method switcher option
    • Then click the clear button on the bottom of the page
    • Unplug and reboot

This method worked for me but I have heard reports that it may not. You may also have success by doing a selective restore of the input options database from a backup before the issue occurred. Another option is to backup and wipe your device and then do a selective restore of everything other than the input options but that is a bit drastic.

Let me know what works/worked for you!

FAQ: Stuck Language or “EN” Icon? Here is a Possible Fix

Ronen Halevy

You’re actually a genius!! Ive been reading forums for ages saying that ive got delete all the languages, or ive got to factory re-install the phone..

this took 3 minutes and work first time! Lovely jubbly.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC