Forgot your password?

FAQ: Start Your BlackBerry in Safe Mode (OS 4.6+ Only)

Home Forums BlackBerry News FAQ: Start Your BlackBerry in Safe Mode (OS 4.6+ Only)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mckinneycm 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Safe mode is a new feature that RIM introduced with OS 4.6 that has been present in later builds too. All it does is stop third party applications from loading automatically on boot. This lets you remove troublesome applications before they start running. This is not exactly new but a friend of mine needed this fix yesterday so I thought I would remind everybody about it. Keep in mind safe mode is only available on OS 4.6+ devices and I did find that it did not work on one OS 4.6 build so no promises.

devices_safe_Mode To startup in safe mode (via Knowledge Base):

• Remove the BlackBerry battery and reinsert it
    • Hold down the Escape key after the red LED goes out and keep holding it (The escape key is the one that looks like a sideways U shaped arrow by the trackball on the Bold commonly called the back key/arrow)
    • You will then see this dialog box to the right and click ok
    • To exit safe mode just remove the battery and reinsert again

Let me know if you have any issues!

FAQ: Start Your BlackBerry in Safe Mode (OS 4.6+ Only)

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Hey Berrytimes,

I also have an 8900 with 4.6.1.231. os. I have the 552 error message up and i’m trying to start it in safe mode but holding the escape key isnt working. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Hey Berrytimes,

I also have an 8900 with 4.6.1.231. os. I have the 552 error message up and im trying to start it in safe mode but holding the escape key isnt working. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

DavidB
    Participant

Does not seem to work on the Tour with 4.7.1.40. Tried twice and it booted like normal and 3rd party launch apps (YouMail, ILBB, etc) were running.

DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work
    Verizon Droid Bionic play

mckinneycm

Not working on the Bold running 4.6.0.297. Tried with QuickPull and Battery Pull.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC