Forgot your password?

FAQ: Email Reconciliation Features for BIS With Different Accounts

Home Forums BlackBerry News FAQ: Email Reconciliation Features for BIS With Different Accounts

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ronen Halevy 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

A bit back we shared with you a list that RIM provided of webmail accounts that give you real time delivery with BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service). RIM has been kind enough to also adds some more information in a nice and easy to digest chart that shows you the email reconciliation features. This breaks it down by email type/service and what features you get with each. Very useful if you are tying to decide which features you care about most. Real time delivery, two way read/unread reconciliation, saving sent items, wireless deletion… This just lays it out straight by comparing them across BIS and BES.

Source Wireless Deletion Save Sent Items Wireless read/unread status
    Microsoft Outlook Web Access Yes Yes Yes
    Microsoft Exchange (BES) Yes Yes Yes
    IBM Lotus Domino (BES) Yes Yes Yes
    Yahoo! Mail Yes Yes Yes
    Windows Live Hotmail or MSN No Yes No
    AOL Yes No Yes
    Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) Yes N/A N/A
    Internet Message Access Protocol 4 (IMAP4) Yes Yes, in some cases Yes
    Gmail Yes Yes No

via RIM knowledge base

So far it looks like Yahoo Mail or Outlook Web Access seem to be the best options since Gmail does not have the Wireless read/unread option. The thing that I cannot understand is how RIM manages to do wireless read/unread with regular IMAP4 but cannot do it with Gmail… I know Gmail is setup a little different but I am sure it is possible.

FAQ: Email Reconciliation Features for BIS With Different Accounts

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC