Does the Playbook have a microsd slot????

Home Forums BlackBerry PlayBook Does the Playbook have a microsd slot????

This topic contains 40 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  jforce 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

jamjam

I read a lot about the playbook specs but one aspect they rarely mention is removable memory…. does it actually really have one or did I just imagined this? A quick google search said it didn’t but I am quite sure I heard at one point it would…. someone enlightened me on this please….

jforce
    Participant

jamjam said:

I read a lot about the playbook specs but one aspect they rarely mention is removable memory…. does it actually really have one or did I just imagined this? A quick google search said it didn’t but I am quite sure I heard at one point it would…. someone enlightened me on this please….

From everything I’ve heard, the PlayBook will unfortunately not have expandable memory. :( Possibly to encourage upgrades or to boost sales of higher capacity models? I don’t think that’s a good enough reason though. Why not make them expandable? They must know that people want that option.

jamjam

that really is disappointing….

Terrence T
    Participant

no it will not have.

BarracudaBob
    Participant

Although I think it would be awesome if they had one, it does seem doubtful that the PlayBook will have an SD slot. However, if the tethering allows it, you might be able to access the card in your Blackberry. That would be nice.

DanielH
    Participant

jamjam said:

that really is disappointing….

Agreed, I have not found a single explanation either. Seems like it would have been a very minimal addition. In fact, it didn’t occur to me until I saw some blogs bring it up. It’s standard these days on PCs, netbooks, but the tablets don’t have it for some reason.

DanielH
    Participant

BarracudaBob said:

Although I think it would be awesome if they had one, it does seem doubtful that the PlayBook will have an SD slot. However, if the tethering allows it, you might be able to access the card in your Blackberry. That would be nice.

Good point but there should still be a slot. Even for card reading purposes…think about it, you’re on a family vacation, you have all your pictures on your camera…what are you viewing/backing them up on until you get home? Not your playbook.

babisboi
    Participant

I’m also disappointed about the lack of an sd card slot. I think, I hope RIM introduces it in the PlayBook 2.

DanielH
    Participant

It’s just irks me though. I doubt it was just an oversight, no one thought of it…how hard could it have been to add it?

babisboi
    Participant

Definitely not an oversight, bur a conscious decision.l, which is really disappointing.

danawoyele
    Participant

too me its not,if you have 16gb,32gb and 64gb and you can collect your data via the micro usb port to your PC i dont see the use of a card reader slot on the Playbook,unless ofcourse the playbook goes brick then its a dissapointment

babisboi
    Participant

I imagine that bricking a PlayBook will be very difficult. The QNX os is very stable.

danawoyele
    Participant

babisboi said:

I imagine that bricking a PlayBook will be very difficult. The QNX os is very stable.

am too sure RIM will not allow their baby tablet go brick,so therefore the card reader is not needed

babisboi
    Participant

Om surr RIM doesn’t want any of their products to get bricked, but the QNX os is very stable. Very stable.

danawoyele
    Participant

well said

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2014’ BerryReview LLC