Forgot your password?

Does anyone have a Style?

Home Forums Questions and Answers Does anyone have a Style?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  vecharo 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Barry
    Participant

It’s an intriguing phone.. my gf is up for renewal on Bell, and this phone seems to be spec’d pretty well and cheap on a contract. I haven’t heard too much about it though.

i even considered it before going with the Torch

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

Fubaz

The Style is nice, i dont have one but I have used one a few times.

It has a very solid feeling.

It runs OS6 really well.

Think of it as a flip 9780.

The outside display rocks too.

Remember you have 15 days to return it if she doesnt like it.

Big Up Big Up, Its a Stick Up Stick Up

Barry
    Participant

Yeah it looks very well-speced for a phone that’s the same price as the curve 9300 here pretty much. external screen is handy too

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

DanielH
    Participant

Its somewhat of a sleeper since RIM didn’t do much promoting of it, certainly a far more quiet launch than the Torch even though both are OS6 and could have been promoted along side each other. That said, I have heard good things about it. I haven’t used it but no of several who own one.

Barry
    Participant

Yeah i kind of scoffed at the initial pics that came out when it was announced, it looked kind of cheesey. but on further inspection, sounds like a decent device for those that like flipphones. i actually have fond memories of the original pearl flip, even if it did feel a bit flimsy

DanielH
    Participant

Yeah, the pearl was around for so long and was quite popular because there are still people out there who use their phone for email only and don’t need or continually upgrade to the newest high-end Blackberry every time a new one comes out as some people do. They want a phone that can make calls and give them access to email, maybe they occasionally use the camera, but the other features don’t matter and aren’t worth the price increase to them (remember, there were times when carriers actually had a selection of free phones to chose from, now its slim pickins as the prices keep going higher). I for one, consider myself an enthusiast but I couldn’t tell you what mega pixel camera I have on my 9700, I hardly use it.

The Style will be a competitive option for RIM in that lower-end smartphone market. Affordable, makes calls, decent specs.

Barry
    Participant

speaking of the pearl.. my friend got a pearl 3g, and i actually quite like it.. i steered him away from the 9300 because the pearl is actually better spec’d minus the suretype keypad.. basically a 9700 in mini form!

DanielH
    Participant

Agreed, and I think with the 3g, a lot of people who started out on the Pearl will move right onto the Pearl 3G. A lot of people also like the candybar form.

Barry
    Participant

yes a very nice form factor, with a sharp screen to boot

Barry
    Participant

According to N4BB, the next style may have a touchscreen too!

link

Quote:
    One of our sources let us know that RIM has been testing out a BlackBerry Style with a touchscreen for the next possible iteration of the 9670. It isn’t clear if both displays will be touch interactive or solely the main, larger display. We’ve also heard that RIM was playing around with a dual-hinged prototype. This would give the BlackBerry Style2 the option to ‘flip open’ from clamshell into portrait or landscape. We’re not sure how this would have worked with the keypad when moving from different orientations, but it sounds cool.

I’m happy RIM is hopping on the touchscreen bandwagon. It seems to be something that attracts alot of users..

vecharo

i’d settle for the Style to be a GSM phone. It doesn’t even have to be touchscreen! ok, that’s not quite true. the touchscreen piece is intriguing :)

follow me on twitter @vecharo

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC