Forgot your password?

DM 5.0.1 Leaked

Home Forums BlackBerry News DM 5.0.1 Leaked

This topic contains 26 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ronen Halevy 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

will i be able to run this DM with a 4.5 OS?

Luis Merlos

Looks like the leaks of new BlackBerry software were not over yet, today Brett let us know that http://benezblog.de the Blackberry ninja leaked the new version of Desktop Manager. This new Version 5.0 .1 brings some nice new options for BlackBerry users. At this moment the version available is the non media manager English only but on their blog it says that the Multilanguage with media manager will be posted soon.

ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 30 17.00

BlackberryOS had posted a screenshot a few days ago showing some new options, I have not been able to play with it and see what options are available on this leak. You can pick up the file a this link on rapidshare. Hopefully a faster mirror link appears soon.

Update: Here is a faster link via megaupload thanks to Blackberryos.com
    DM 5.0.1 Leaked

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

What a fun loving weekend. Could not be better.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

“This new Version 5.0 .1 brings some nice new options for BlackBerry users.”

Uhh, what exactly are these nice new options?

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Just another indication that OS 5.0 is right around the corner IMO….he he

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Well, Sprints #777 doesn’t work as the “Access Point:”

Not that I need it, because I have a built in air in my XPS.

Luis Merlos

The DM seems to be a bit more stable the biggest thing I seen is that now you can tether you BLACKBERRY use it as a modem on your pc/laptop using the modem API with this new version I was able to connect my tmobile BLACKBERRY with my vista 64 bit and use the net. Really easy too as the settings come preset.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

I’ve only seen the IP modem option working for wifi enabled phones. Storm and Tour, the option disappeared.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

When I plug it my Tour I will see the option

beamolite
    Participant

Works great tethering on my laptop using 4.5 on my 8320 and running Windows 7 on my laptop. I wonder how long it will be before T-Mobile charges for tethering.

perry

I’m only getting ip modem as a new option, no email setting, no synchronize certificates, why is that.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

I don’t think the access point information is needed. I leave it blank and I was able to connect successfully.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Did a little playing around and realize that the access point was needed. #777 no longer works. Its replace by words. I have tried it out, and i must say the speed on my laptop is really good. no doubt..

Nikolaus Walch
    Participant

I have the T-Mobile 8900 and the tethering option doesn’t work. I get an error in DM when trying to connect. I tried with UMA or with EDGE, but no difference. Anyone get this to work?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC