device locked?

Home Forums Questions and Answers device locked?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  nelsonturner 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Sparkpea

my gf’s blackberry has been locked.. how? I don’t know.

Her young cousin (13) was playing doodle jump and says he just exited back to the wallpaper but when she went to use it, it says thie device is locked, unlock, emergency call or cancel.

He says hes definately not set any passwords etc.

She is gutted as we know if you put in the wrong password 10 times it wipes everything and we’ve tried 8 passwords.

She has first pics of our baby son being born and the last few pics of her dad on it before he died so hoping someone somewhere can tell us what to do.

She has never set any passwords herself so is there any default passwords etc?

I was able to get the IMEI off the original box because we cannot get into any settings on the phone etc. and tried getting an unlocking code from a website but even then cant enter it because it tells you to use it go into options…

Please someone help

Luis Merlos

A password must of been set at some point not sure how that happened but unlocking the device using the IMEI code is different than the password lock.

You might be able to see if the pictures were saved into the media card and not the device memory. IF so you can remove the media card and save the pictures that way but if there saved on the device memory I don’t know if there is much you can do to bypass the password bc when you try it 10 the security on BB devices is set to wipe everything on the device.

parked

Because the little cousin and your girlfriend didn’t enter a password themselves, have you tried “1234” or “wers”?

Like Luis, I’m betting those pics were saved to media card so at least you can try to save those from the wipe.

Good luck.

Terrence T
    Participant

or maybe u can try using DM to see if u have access..

DavidB
    Participant

You won’t be able to even connect to the device with Desktop Manager or BBSAK or anything if it’s got a password set. And no matter what the cousin says, either he or your gf or someone HAD to have set a password. It doesn’t just turn on password protection on a whim, you have to consciously do it by entering an identical password TWICE. Hopefully whoever set the password didn’t enable encryption too, or you may be unable to access any of the data on the SD card also.

bijitha4
    Participant

If your phone is locked with any security code then contact the service provider for the unlocking code.Where as it is asking for a unlocking the network code then get from the website wickedunlock.com with step by step instruction.

jforce
    Participant

bijitha4 said:

If your phone is locked with any security code then contact the service provider for the unlocking code.Where as it is asking for a unlocking the network code then get from the website wickedunlock.com with step by step instruction.

A carrier will not have any information on your device password. Also, we’re definitely not talking about a network unlock either. As David said, someone must have password protected it somehow. There is a good chance you could remove the media card and retrieve the pictures from there as Luis mentioned. If there were as many pictures as was mentioned, they were more than likely stored on the media card.

Hopefully you get this figured out.

mkconnors2008

Is it possibly PUK blocked? I think the phones from the Nextel network can be PUK locked. If so, then only the carrier can provide the code that goes with that SIM card.

Fubaz

hopefully she has BlackBerry Protect installed if she doesnt have a DM back up.

there is no way around this security feature and the phone must be wiped via wrong password 10x to re enable its use.

sorry

mkconnors2008

true…

Fubaz

everything i speak is true!!!!

mkconnors2008

hahaha…such perseverance.

Fubaz

you will learn MK, i dont speak unless I know what im about to say can contribute… iHATE being wrong.

mkconnors2008

That’s two of us but my mouth still tends to fly off the handle from time to time.

Fubaz

mine can as well, but not when im trying to help someone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2014’ BerryReview LLC