Forgot your password?

Create-A-JAD – Free App to Easily Create BlackBerry OTA Installer JAD for COD Files

Home Forums BlackBerry News Create-A-JAD – Free App to Easily Create BlackBerry OTA Installer JAD for COD Files

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nikolaus Walch 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

create-A-JAD Tashanna let me know that Lyricidal has released a slick new tool called Create-A-JAD. It essentially lets you just drag over the COD files you wish to install and it will walk you through creating a JAD file for OTA installation. It will also help with creating a ALX file for desktop installs or a .bat file for Javaloader installs. This is nothing you could not do with a simple text editor if you knew what you were doing but this sure does simplify it!

You can find the ZIP download for the app at this link.

Instructions

1. Enter information requested (All are required except for description)
    2. Drag and drop all the files needed for your app install into the white box under Files.
    3. If you haven’t already, enter the filename (no extension) and choose what type of install you need: .JAD is for OTA, .ALX is for Desktop Install, and Both does both of them.
    4. Click Create It!
    5. Enjoy your new OTA/Desktop Install!

Get Your OTA Up and Running

1. Upload all .cods required, the .jad, and the .htaccess file created to your webspace
    2. Keep in mind for OTA installs you will need a .htaccess file in the directory specifying the MIME types for OTA installers like:

AddType text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor .jad
      AddType application/vnd.rim.cod .cod

• Go to the link to your .jad file from your phone
  • Install away!
  • To Use In Desktop Install

1. Copy and paste the created .alx file in your OS’s folder (ie. 9530-v4.7.0.167_P4.0.0.205)
    2. Copy and paste the .cod files into the Java folder (if you checked that box when creating the .alx) or into the same OS folder as step 1 (if you left the checkbox unchecked)
    3. Install using AppLoader (Loader.exe) or Desktop Manager

Let us know how it works for you!

Create-A-JAD – Free App to Easily Create BlackBerry OTA Installer JAD for COD Files

Ronen Halevy
Keymaster

Seems like a good app… what’s the difference between this app and the OTA loader? I’ve been using the OTA loader for some time now… are there any advantages from using this app??

Ronen Halevy
Keymaster

I am responding to one of your earlier posts.

That Blackberry flip phone mascot you saw looks like a female. It is not as bad a job as you may think. Mascots get a lot of breaks. It’s a workout for sure and professional mascots get paid between 22 and 35 dollars per hour.

Ronen Halevy
Keymaster

No real difference since all these ways get the app on your device. This is just a tool

Nikolaus Walch
Participant

Download link doesn’t work for me. Can someone please post a mirror?

Ronen Halevy
Keymaster

How did you know it was a female? That pays damn well!

Nikolaus Walch
Participant

I tried many ways many times, and just always get this response each time: “Slow Down! You are trying to download files too quickly. You must wait 9 seconds before you may download another file.” Yes I am waiting, but always get the same result.

sonydude23
Participant

Same here…

Nikolaus Walch
Participant

Now it works. Thanks to whomever fixed this!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC