Class lawsuit started against Apple's weak security and tracking its users

Home Forums Discuss Anything Class lawsuit started against Apple's weak security and tracking its users

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PB Forever 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

PB Forever
    Participant

Well it's only a matter of time before the weak security and infringement of privacy by Apple is brought to forefront by a lawsuit no doubt!

http://www.theprovince.com/technology/personal-tech/Apple+lawsuit+woman+sues+over+location+tracking/7472310/story.html

Steve

It was only a matter of time before someone tried this. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a settlement if I were her. I personally have nothing to hide by my movements being followed by anyone (I realize that's not the point either) but I'm not a CIA agent or anyone important enough to be hurt by being tracked. I can certainly see why some people would not like it though.

PB Forever
    Participant

No I don't expect she'll get much success, but it brings this out to forefront more about security etc., I don't have anything to hide regarding my movements, but I can also see that it would wig some people out especially if they've had stalkers etc.

If nothing else this does add to additional negative press to Apple. So maybe for some people sitting on the fence about getting iPhones or not, this would make them think twice. Not all publicity is good publicity.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2014’ BerryReview LLC