CitySourced to Let You Report Potholes from Your BlackBerry

CitySourced Its not often that I read about an application that can both do good and actually engage users. CitySourced announced their upcoming app at TechCrunch50. Their app will let smartphone users report civic issues to appropriate city departments from your BlackBerry.

That means you would be able to report potholes, graffiti, trash, snow removal, etc. by taking a picture. It will then add your GPS location and will load up the picture into the reporting app. Then you identify what the problem is and send the report to the city agency in charge of that issue.

It looks like they already have a deal with San Jose, CA but I am not sure how many city’s will jump for such a service. First of all their is an annual license fee for the city on top of the slew of new complaints they will suddenly have to field.

The app is not yet available but you can sign up to learn more at www.citysourced.com. I will let you know when it launches.

Still I really like the idea and hope it takes off! I would be taking pictures every two seconds in Manhattan reporting rats, trash, potholes, etc… 🙂

via IntoMobile

1 comment on this postSubmit your comment!
  1. I object! They use an image of the Los Angeles City Hall in their logo but don’t support LA in their service? Booo.

All joking aside, cool idea. But I am skeptical that cities, with already tight budgets, will be eager to pay to be included in such a service.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2024’ BerryReview LLC