Forgot your password?

Cant take picture!! help!!

Home Forums Questions and Answers Cant take picture!! help!!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  DanielH 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Terrence T
    Participant

Im using OS 6.0.0.246 (upgrading OS only in 2 weeks due to exams) on a torch 9800 AT&T unlocked.

previously, i can snap pictures without any problems.

today however, when i tried to take a picture, it just wouldnt take! no matter how hard i pressed the side key or the screen, it will only show me that green “focusing” box!!

I did a battery pull. The first picture after which could be taken. The second picture onwards, however, is back to the same problem!!

I have tried changing modes, changing saving locations and etc to no avail. The last thing i did was install that zombie game featured here..

Terrence T
    Participant

update:

Deleted the bezombie game.

Works fine now!

Luis Merlos

Another problem I seen is that when you have geotagging turned on if you are indoors or have location services turned on the camera can’t pinpoint your location so it won’t take your pictures.

Terrence T
    Participant

hmm geotagging and auto-flash has been turned off the whole time..

DavidB
    Participant

I wonder why geotagging would prevent you from taking a picture indoors. Yeah, I get it that you probably won’t get a GPS lock indoors, but BlackBerry has been able to geotag photos for a long time now, and lack of GPS fix has never stopped BlackBerry before OS 6 from taking photos.

DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work
    Verizon Droid Bionic play

Terrence T
    Participant

Im supposing its that app which somehow did something to my photo taking capability. :(

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Really makes me wonder what a zombie game has to do with the camera :) Shoddy developer?

Terrence T
    Participant

zombified the device? 😮

DanielH
    Participant

Terrence T said:

Im using OS 6.0.0.246 (upgrading OS only in 2 weeks due to exams) on a torch 9800 AT&T unlocked.

previously, i can snap pictures without any problems.

today however, when i tried to take a picture, it just wouldnt take! no matter how hard i pressed the side key or the screen, it will only show me that green “focusing” box!!

I did a battery pull. The first picture after which could be taken. The second picture onwards, however, is back to the same problem!!

I have tried changing modes, changing saving locations and etc to no avail. The last thing i did was install that zombie game featured here..

I had that same problem the other day on my 9700, OS5.979. I was at the gym, finished my cardio and usually I just snap a picture of the screen so I can write my time down later. Well, I stood there for about 5 min trying to get my camera to take a pic, finally did a reset, still no pic, so I just emailed the numbers to myself. An hour later, I was riding in a car, tried it again, and snapped a picture, no problem. Snapped several more, haven’t had a problem since. It’s never happened before and unfortunately, I have no clue what I did to fix it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC