Forgot your password?

Calendar Problems Pleas Help.

Home Forums Questions and Answers Calendar Problems Pleas Help.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mike068 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

mike068

I have an 8330 and my problem is. For each email address you have you have a calendar and facebook also gives you a calendar as well as the device itself has a calendar that is not attached to any email address etc. But over the posses of upgrading the calendars have gotten messed up I only use one calendar my default email calendar but my dates and appointments have been spread through the other calendars. The desktop manager will only retrieve appoints from my email address calendars and not the device default calendar. Is there any way to retrieve the appointments from the device calendar Mainly the device default calendar or merge all of the calendars together?

Have A Nice Day !!!!
    My BB Pin # 32A1618E
    9650 Bold / O.S. Changes A Lot

Luis Merlos

I don't believe. There is a way to merge them are you on BES? What you can do is go to options> advance options> default services and make sure the correct services are set to default because I had the same problem when I installed facebook a while back.

Also under the calendar you can hit the menu button and then scroll to select calendar and select the correct one.

Let us know if this does not resolve it

mike068

Luis I know that I can change my default calender but you are correct the problem seemed to have occurred when I installed facebook 1.6. As far a choosing a calender to view via the calender menu that does nothing for exporting info. On my device when I go to the view calender menu I see 6 0ptions show all calenders, one for each of my 3 email addresses, one for the facebook calender and a device default calender. I have my main email address set as my default calender and I have every thing from the other 2 email calenders and the face book calender into my default email calender via switching my default calender and syncing and so on and so forth. The real problem is the calender labeled as the device default no matter what I do with any of the setting the information will not sync with the desk-top manager. I can only sync the info under the email addresses or face book. If you need I can send you screen shots or data if you need just let me know.

My next question would be if I can not fix the problem can and how can I wipe all of the calenders and only the calenders and then start over.

Have A Nice Day !!!!
    My BB Pin # 32A1618E

Luis Merlos

Oh ok I see what you mean If I remember correctly I removed my facebook since I knew it was the problem and then I was able to have my calendar correctly sync. Have you tried that and then try to resync I take it your not on BES correct?

mike068

Sorry I forgot to tell you I am on BIS.

And duh I never thought to try rule of thumb #1 remove the cause of the problem first I can't believe I didn't do that already. Ill do that and let you know give me fifteen minutes.

Have A Nice Day !!!!
    My BB Pin # 32A1618E

mike068

I uninstalled facebook but the calender still remains but when I sync my device I am able ti get 90% of all my appointments of of two of the calenders which is 75% better off than I was before Thank you for your input.

Is there any way to wipe just my calenders off of my device so I can start over?

Have A Nice Day !!!!
    My BB Pin # 32A1618E

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Yes you can wipe the calendar on your BlackBerry by going to desktop manager and doing a selective restore option and selecting the calendar and then clearing that database on your BlackBerry.

mike068

Thanks for the help guys to bad there no quick fix for this problem. In my search for a fix on the web I found tons of people with the same or similar issue. But here I have got the in my opinion the best advice Thanks for all the help.

Have A Nice Day !!!!
    My BB Pin # 32A1618E

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Glad to help. Did the selective clearing of the calendar database help?

mike068

Kind of It all helped but it wasn't the outcome I was hoping for but it worked.

Have A Nice Day !!!!
    My BB Pin # 32A1618E

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC