Forgot your password?

BuzzOff: Cheap BlackBerry Call Blocking Application

Home Forums BlackBerry News BuzzOff: Cheap BlackBerry Call Blocking Application

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ronen Halevy 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

You can skip the questionaire and get it OTA directly by going to: http://78.46.135.11/nogago/nogago.jad

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

buzzoff Phone call blocking applications have been around for awhile but most of them are a bit expensive. ToySoft just released BuzzOff at a very reasonable $2.99 which performs the basics with an easy interface. It also fits into a beautifully small 35K app size.

From the description:

BuzzOff will block any phone number, block callers with private or unknown callerid, do not allow caller to leave a voice mail. BuzzOff is the only callerID blocking application for the BlackBerry that has Pickup and Hangup feature. This will not allow the caller to leave you a voice mail. The caller will just hear a busy signal or the message from your carrier. You can also select the phone number to block from the CallLog, Messages and AddressBook application. Just select Block Caller from the menu and select the type of block you want.

Features:

• * Block any phone number
    • * Block unknown or private callers
    • * Block wildcard. eg: 1800* will block all calls starting with 1800
    • * Pickup and Hangup. Do not allow caller to leave you a voice mail
    • * Quick block marketing callers: eg: 1800, 1866, 1877 and 1888 callers
    • * Match last digits in the number. This feature is useful for International users where you can tell BuzzOff to match on the last 3-10 digits in the phone number
    • * Integrate with CallLog, Messages and AddressBook apps. Block caller directly in these apps
    • * Very small footprint only 35K
    • * Easy to use
    • * Works on OS 4.2 and higher

BuzzOff: Cheap BlackBerry Call Blocking Application

webchetan

I tried the Trial version. Does NOT work! on my Curve 8900 with OS 4.6.1.231

webchetan

Edit: When I say doesn’t work, I mean the application does not block numbers etc. I added a number in the blocked list but still the phone rings. All the Permissions are given but still does not work.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Doesn’t worked my berry 8310 4.5 os

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

For those of you having issues, youmail has a lot of these features and it’s free…

Luis Merlos

There's also trapcall that you can try works pretty good don't know if is still available but I have used it before.

http://www.trapcall.com it basically unlocks the private callers number. Works similar to youmail but this one does not have an application for BlackBerry like youmail does.

hammer_gaidin

There is also a free software out there called Callsblocker, that works fine for most of the features.

Luis Merlos

yeah I have use that call blocker as well nice little app

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Webchetan battery pull your phone, it will work after that, but still will ring for a sec before sending cal to vmail or whatever. nothing special with this app

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

I’m using it and It work perfectly, better than others I tried : Don’t have any ring. You have to set permission to all ALLOW in Opiton.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

hammer_gaidin

Where can I download Callblockster?

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

if this application doesn’t work on your Blackberry bold, try getting the “iCallManager Light 1.2.8″ which comes with another application called Black and Whitelst 1.5.1. Program works great on my blackberry bold. set the blacklist to reject and hang up on caller and doesn’t go to your voicemail. only works when “Blacklist” is set active…this I mean if you turn your phone off…it doesn’t block the calls.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC