Forgot your password?

Broken my BB Screen? (whilst changing bezel)

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion Broken my BB Screen? (whilst changing bezel)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Luis Merlos 7 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Domje
    Participant

Hi,

I seem to have killed my Bold screen.

I tried to change my bezel to a really nice matt black one, following the ebizworld guide on youtube. I'l normally really good with this kind of thing (Im a computer technician and have chipped Xbox's, PS etc in my past).

When Ive re-assembled my Bold and turned the device back on my screen lights up, but is all muddled up, the device seems to still work, I pressed my camera shortcut and took a picture, but the screen just seems screwed.

I have made sure the screen is connected + made a call from the phone and it all works fine, the screen is just mainly white and sometimes shows my wallpaper but it's all muddled up.

Any ideas people?

Luis Merlos

That is really weird never heard of it, did you get it fixed? My GF spilled nail polished on hers and it still works to my amazement the screen looks weird but works.

Domje
    Participant

Nah, still not got it fixed, taking it into a local shop small which repairs phones and stuff, gonna try and get it sorted today, I'll keep you posted.

at least Ive got my black bezel on now.. and I should have a black trackball tonight :D

It's gonna look sick :D

Luis Merlos

Good luck, yeah my 8900 is all black, looks awesome.

Domje
    Participant

ive just ordered a new screen from ebay, 002/004 model, only cost me 20.44 with free shipping, quite the bargain.

edit: and hopefully, this will fix my problem (:

blackberrypartstdt
    Participant

May just be a defective screen. Might want to return the screen and try a different one, if the same problem is happening then it may be the connection.

I got my replacement screen for my storm at http://www.fonlogix.us

taylor425

Thanks for the link! They had the BB bold screen I needed.

Luis Merlos

Also if you ever order a bb screen make sure you take it apart and see what model number you have, is weird but some may not work correctly if is not a compatible number usually they go like 002/004 001/004 003/004 not sure why they have to so complicated if is the same device.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC