Forgot your password?

Bold 9700 – Call Display problem

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion Bold 9700 – Call Display problem

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ronen Halevy 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jso905

I just got a Bold 9700 and is running that on OS v5.0.0.442.

When people called my phone, the number will be displayed. But in the case that the person is on my contacts (phone book), the name and company name will show up very irregularly. Let's say when a colleague calls me, one time it will display the phone number only, the next the number, his name and the company name will be displayed.

But strange enough, when I finish with the call and look at the phone log, it will show the person's name…

Has any seasoned user ever experienced anything like that?

We called the dealer, he suggested that I change the "Country Code" under "Smart Dialing" option into "Unknown". But it is still doing the same thing.

I have become so used to having the name displayed when some one called me. It feels so strange now I see a number only, and do not know who is calling.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Hi JSO,

I noticed the same issue and mentioned it last week. It has been driving me batty. Supposedly an upgrade to the latest 9700 leaked OS will fix it.

http://www.berryreview.com/2010/07/02/phantom-caller-id-do-you-have-this-issue/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC