BlackBerrys Replacing Paper Forms? Move in the Right Direction

blackberry-police Over 600 South Yorkshire Police officers will be getting BlackBerrys to input and retrieve data. They will be using a new app developed by Airpoint and Vodafone to let them access records from the Police National Computer and input information. This will let them bypass some paperwork and give them instant access to information.

Personally I think more and more companies will move in this direction. BlackBerry forms can easily replace paper and allows for instant submission of information to central databases. That cuts out the delay of processing paperwork. Personally I can just see this taking off since I already see Time Warner Cable employees carrying around Windows Mobile devices to fill out paperwork on jobs.

I am just waiting for RIM to come out with a solution to simplify this process for companies helping them to create frontends for their datastores. They did make a step in this direction years ago with BlackBerry MDS Studio but that has been discontinued. Maybe they have something else up their sleeve.

via Yahoo UK

3 total comments on this postSubmit your comment!
  1. Love it, Pennsylvania DOJ uses BlackBerry for law enforcement and access felon db etc

2. Waiting for someone to come up with a blackberry app that can use the camera to scan Drivers License bar codes and license plates and instantly pull the information up.

3. Motorola has the application support in the new Apex 7000 series of radios using either tethered or bluetooth bar code scanner. So criminal histories are a thing of the past. We use Vidata.org for paperless warrants to the judges Blackberrys digital signature befire orint and arrest and ThinkStream for Criminal and Traffic history queries in our Blackberrys in Louisiana.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2024’ BerryReview LLC