Forgot your password?

Blackberry's 2011 CDMA Roadmap

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion Blackberry's 2011 CDMA Roadmap

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  danawoyele 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Barry
    Participant

Oh man, the 2011 Blackberry leaks keep on coming:

http://crackberry.com/exclusive-cdma-blackberry-roadmap-2011-montana-monaco-sedona-malibu-and-blackberry-6-1-evolution

Quote:
    new BlackBerry Bold Touch: dakota is the GSM version, while montana is the CDMA version

That’s what I figured it would be called, the Bold Touch.

blackberry-roadmap-2011-6.png

1.2GHZ CPU ! woo! Everything else as previously rumoured is there too, nice.

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

Barry
    Participant

First glance at Wifi Mobile Hotspot in the connections menu!

blackberry-roadmap-2011-13.png

Oh man, exciting stuff!

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

DaSaint
    Participant

WOW, i was never a fan of the 9000 but this isn’t bad, not bad at all. currently blackberry is really snappy with their ‘low level’ processors (compared to recent smartphones), I am excited to see what the upgraded cpu will do for BlackBerry’s new line of smartphones….. IM STILL WAITING ON THE STORM 3 :D

Barry
    Participant

If someone offered me the choice of the Playbook vs this right now, I’d honestly have to think about it… Then I’d choose both :)

287dpi, that is going to look amazingly sharp. I’ve heard some people question the reason for a touchscreen on a smaller size screen. I disagree.. I use my Torch this way, with the keyboard slid out, using both the optical trackpad and the touchscreen to navigate in addition to the keyboard for input.

With all the performance improvements in 6.1, COUPLED with the 1.2ghz CPU, no doubt this thing will fly.

Barry
    Participant

Digging into the CPUs a bit more

The Sedona uses the Qualcomm MSM 8655 clocked at 800mhz.. Same chip that is in the HTC Thunderbolt which is clocked at 1ghz.

My guess is the MOntana and Monaco are the same chipsets just clocked at 1.2ghz.

If all of this is correct that means it will have an Adreno GPU which is quite impressive.

Barry
    Participant

Some more on the CPU… the 1GHZ MSM8655 which is in the HTC Thunderbolt clocked in impressively in Quadrant

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-Thunderbolt-benchmarked-probably-sports-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-MSM8655-at-1GHz_id15710

Quote:
    The 1GHz Snapdragon chipset is probably Qualcomm’s MSM8655, as the company just issued a press release that is what Verizon will be using in its LTE devices, in tandem with Qualcomm’s MDM9600 LTE modem. We know this chipset support top speed of 1.2GHz, and the quick benchmark ran on the HTC Thunderbolt seems to confirm the handset is no slouch. 1926 score on the Quadrant benchmark test is impressive for out-of-the-box handset, and the highest we’ve seen in a stock device.

So the 1ghz on the Thunderbolt seems to be quite fast. If the Sedona has the 800mhz, and the Monaco/Dakota have the 1.2ghz, I think we’ll be pleasantly happy with how it performs.

Which makes me think… couldn’t RIM get QNX to run on this thing? Sure it’s not dual-core but it seems to be a fairly powerful chip with a decent GPU.

DanielH
    Participant

barrist said:

http://crackberry.com/exclusive-cdma-blackberry-roadmap-2011-montana-monaco-sedona-malibu-and-blackberry-6-1-evolution

Wait, the Curve Touch is a non-keyboard device? I figured they would have kept the Curve Touch (Malibu) and the Monaco in the Storm line. The Montana in the Bold line. And the Sedona in the Curve line.

Barry
    Participant

Yeah I guess we’ll see how the curve touch does as a lower end touchscreen in rims lineup

DanielH
    Participant

barrist said:

Yeah I guess we’ll see how the curve touch does as a lower end touchscreen in rims lineup

Point is though I see it as a Storm. Might confuse people.

Fubaz

Looks very promising, now if we could just see QNX!

Big Up Big Up, Its a Stick Up Stick Up

Barry
    Participant

dshcpa1 said:

Point is though I see it as a Storm. Might confuse people.

Ahh i see what you’re getting at.. I guess since these names aren’t 100% official, we could see a name change more appropriate.

babisboi
    Participant

The question is whether the processor is the same in the Bold Touch as the Curve. Its not identified in the slide like it is for the Curve. Qualcomm only make a 1.2ghz DUAL CORE processor and the one on the Curve is not listed to be able to be clocked to 1.2ghz. I know its wishful thinking, but maybe it is a dual core. Honestly it doesn’t matter what the processor is, its gonna be phenomenal.

danawoyele
    Participant

exactly babisboi i agree with you quite well

twitter- @tech_pundit
    liquidaque.wordpress.com

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC