Forgot your password?

Blackberry Playbook Tablet $250 USD

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion Blackberry Playbook Tablet $250 USD

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  luralin 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

chantry
    Participant

Spam, you stink. Your title got me excited for a minute there.

Luis Merlos

yeah that would be an awesome price tag but not likely to happen stupid spam lol

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Yeah its annoying when Spammers take over like that. We know the price will start at about $500 maybe a little less. My thoughts is it will be about $450-$600

Terrence T
    Participant

how about to developers? do they get to buy extra at discount price or prior to releasE? :D

DavidB
    Participant

Terrence…go get the PlayBook SDK and build an app and get it submitted, if it’s accepted you’ll be eligible for a FREE PlayBook direct from RIM.

DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work
    Verizon Droid Bionic play

Terrence T
    Participant

As in I do understand that. What I meant was can we (developers) get more than 1 playbook? (Maybe buy extra?)

parked

Just Say No to flashlight and fart apps.

Luis Merlos

haha yeah say no to that

BatraD
    Participant

only with a 2 year contract if the carriers have their way..

DavidB
    Participant

@Terrence:

I suspect the “free” PlayBook offer is limited to one per developer. But I guess if you are a BIG developer, turning out numerous quality apps, they may do something. You may want to contact developer relations directly, you can get contact info off the BB web site.

DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work

DavidB
    Participant

@BatraD:

Why do you say that (about the “carriers”)? PlayBook isn’t launching with any cellular connectivity, so I don’t see how “carriers” are going to be involved at all. Look at Verizon and ATT, both now sell the iPad for exactly the same price you can buy it anywhere, I suspect PlayBook will be no different (initially). Now, once cellular data modules are developed for the “module bay” (we HOPE that’s an application for the bay), we will likely see reduced prices with the typical carrier subsidies and contract terms. But that’s going to be quite some time after launch, meanwhile you will be able to buy as many as you want at BestBuy or Costco or Walmart or whoever else stocks it (and puts it “on sale” as they see fit).

DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work

Terrence T
    Participant

I was thinking, 1 app : 2 playbooks :P

wobly

I was excited for about 30 seconds.

DavidB
    Participant

@Terrence:

I suppose you can buy (as you suggested) as many as you want. Maybe if your app is a Super PlayBook App (a what?) one app might get you more than one free PlayBook, but I’m highly doubting it.

DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work

luralin

I only heard Blackberry cell phone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC