Forgot your password?

Blackberry cases / screen covers / and miscellaneous

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion Blackberry cases / screen covers / and miscellaneous

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  mkconnors2008 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

crosoldier
    Participant

Got a Otterbox Defender case for BB Bold 9700, phone in case fell off top of car @ 70mph on freeway, found it…still using phone with that case…phone still working excellent. I am thorougly impressed with the Otterbox Defender case. The only damage to phone was the corner of impact with freeway where there are very small cracks, and the front of the case popped off.

parked

That is impressive. Also, a bit unusual/surprising that the front of the case popped off considering that the plastic, hard part of the Otterbox is held together and encased tightly by the thick rubber layer. I traded in the Commuter and now use the Defender while on the slopes or on the trails so your experience is reassuring. I just wish there was a way to use Otterboxes with the charging pod.

Terrence T
    Participant

@parked

Maybe they will make an otterpod

parked

Terrence, lol. Will the otterpod be as cute as this otterbox?

Luis Merlos

wow that’s insane glad it didn’t get destroyed though

DanielH
    Participant

That’s crazy. 70mph…Personally, the defender was too much protection for me, I work a desk job and am pretty gentle with phones. Not that accidents can’t still happen, I just consider myself low risk and prefer the minimalist style. In fact, I just got the I got the BlackBerry Bold 9700 Series SILICRYLIC from Incipio for Christmas, very pleased offers a sufficient amount of protection but still slim and stylish. That said, the Defender is tops. I have seen so many stories, it’s legendary. Dropping a phone several stories on a construction site, working on an airport tarmac, dropping it from a moving car…all a piece of cake for Otterbox line.

beamolite
    Participant

I wish Otterbox made the Defender in different colors besides what they have now.

Fubaz

Check this out

http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/otterbox-tested-max-497196/

They guy had his 9700 driven over by a semi in an otterbox!

Big Up Big Up, Its a Stick Up Stick Up

parked

beamolite said:

I wish Otterbox made the Defender in different colors besides what they have now.

Agreed. I guess Otterbox is doing a little stereotyping in that BB users are considered to be serious and all-business, i.e., no fun colors. Otterbox does have the Strength Series of (pink) cases for BB, but the color scheme is hideous and chintzy.

Fubaz

parked said:

Agreed. I guess Otterbox is doing a little stereotyping in that BB users are considered to be serious and all-business, i.e., no fun colors. Otterbox does have the Strength Series of (pink) cases for BB, but the color scheme is hideous and chintzy.

I wouldnt call it ‘stereotyping’

They have some of the best cases on the market, and whether you want it in black or not, you are going to buy it for protection.

personally if they started making them, lets say purple with hearts id say they sold out to get more business.

the product sells itself, and they dont need to have them in 100 different style to sell more, they are a reputable brand and they are keeping it simple to keep the costs down.

Big Up Big Up, Its a Stick Up Stick Up

parked

fubaz said:

I wouldnt call it ‘stereotyping’

They have some of the best cases on the market, and whether you want it in black or not, you are going to buy it for protection.

personally if they started making them, lets say purple with hearts id say they sold out to get more business.

the product sells itself, and they dont need to have them in 100 different style to sell more, they are a reputable brand and they are keeping it simple to keep the costs down.

You obviously have not seen Otterbox’s collection of iPhone cases then. ;-) They are sellouts if you bothered to take a look at a few of their iPhone cases.

If you compare the total number of and design of BB cases to iPhone cases, you will see that they are catering to different demographics based on phone stereotyping. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing. Although I don’t like the limited number of BB cases, it makes total sense from a financial perspective.

For a majority of phone users (I’m not talking about people like us who frequent online forums for a smartphone), they look at price and looks. They don’t go scouring for the best reputation. They stop off at places like Best Buy or Sprint stores and see which case attracts their attention (i.e., “style” and features), then price. Some don’t even buy cases at all.

And, I don’t agree with you that their costs are “down.” Otterbox is pretty expensive or just as expensive when you compare them to the competition. Well, save for the handmade Vaja cases.

DanielH
    Participant

Speaking of Vaja cases, those are some sweet cases…although, if I were going to splurge on one thing for my Blackberry, I think it would be a custom paint job from ColorWare. Of course, I’d want to protect that since its not just any Blackberry now and so I’d have to get a Vaja case…could probably get a new BB with all that money spent but oh well:)

Barry
    Participant

im kind of off cases.. i used to want to protect and baby my phones to the point of ridiculousness. now im thinking of going naked with my torch..

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

Barry
    Participant

Does anyone else have an incipio feather for their torch? I find that the top corners cover the lock/mute buttons too much and makes it hard to even press them

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

citystars41
    Participant

what about screen protectors? i know invisible shields are awesome at protection, but i hate that rubbery feeling… I’ve heard phantom skinz ultraClear protectors are amazing but i’ve never talked to anyone that has tried it??

Building the BlackBerry empire one user at a time

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC