BIS BlackBerry Outage Over? BIS 2.8 Upgrade Coming Tomorrow?

chaos-erupts-newspaperIt looks like the BlackBerry BIS outage from yesterday is wrapping up. We are still getting reports from some readers around the world experiencing issues but things have been cleared up on AT&T since about midnight yesterday. During the outage you could not login to BIS on most carriers but now it is working for most.

Readers confirmed that the outage ranged from AT&T, to Telus, T-Mobile, Movistar Chile, Verizon, Rogers, Orange UK, and other carriers. It seems to have been focused on bis.na.blackberry.com which is the BIS portal. This caused disruptions in email but PIN, BIS-B, and internet browsing were not impaired.

Let us know if you are still experiencing any email issues in the comments!

Wouldn’t it be nice if RIM just came out and acknowledged the issue? The fact that we still have massive points of failure for BIS is really getting old but a status dashboard like Google has would only help alleviate the questions. Transparency goes a long way…

As per our previous leak BIS 2.8 with Google Contact Sync is supposed to be upgraded tomorrow Sep 11th. The automatic login to BIS from your BlackBerry is only set to go live on the 18th. Here is to hoping that we at least get something good out of this outage…

14 total comments on this postSubmit your comment!
  1. Nextel in PA is still down…

2. I can send but cannot recieve email (or it’s delayed) here in Denver on the Verizon network.

3. Still can’t receive e-mail here. Verizon in North Carolina (Raleigh). I can send e-mail though. Started sometime last night for me. I’ve re-booted recently, still nothing.

4. Still not receiving email. AT&T in Texas. 20:15 CST.

5. T-Mobile here in St. Louis, MO is still not working. No E-mail or web browsing is possible on my device. This is after removing the batter and SIM card at the advice of T-Mobile.

6. Blackberry service still down in Las Vegas…going on 2 days now! I just got my blackberry yesterday and have yet to be able to use it. I finally join the 21st century with a smartphone, and I’m still in the dark…aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!

7. Email still down. Sprint in Michigan

8. Still not receiving email for three days now – AT&T in NYC

9. blackberry still down. no email, slow internet. verizon in nyc/connecticut

10. same here. down in nyc/connecticut for sprint too.

11. Still nothing!!! When will I be able to use my new phone?!?!?!?!?!?

12. Still nothing in Missouri on T-Mobile. Day 3 and counting.

13. Verizon in Ventura, CA still not working

14. Sprint in Seattle still down. ARGH!

2 total pingbacks on this post

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2024’ BerryReview LLC