BerryAddon Public Beta – Awesome Little All-In-One Utility

Tim let me know about the public beta of BerryAddon from an unknown company called Twinkler Software Products. It is in free beta right now but it looks like they will be charging for it in the future since there is a registration page. It just popped up on the radar in the last few weeks and looks like a VERY powerful little tool that takes less than 90kb! There is really no other name for such an app other than an All-In-One utility.

berryaddon[1] berryaddon[2] berryaddon[3]

You can find the desktop installation files at this thread on BBforums and there is an OTA link (OS 4.5 | OS 4.6+). The latest version is 0.91 for the Bold.

PS: I could have sworn we mentioned a similar utility before but maybe it is called something else since I cannot seem to find it…

berryaddon[4] berryaddon[5] berryaddon[6]

Core features

• Vibrate on call connect/disconnect
  • Vibrate when ringing
  • Log placed/received call to calendar and mark them as private events
  • After call, prompt to add call number to addressbook
  • Create calendar, task, memopad and addressbook item in phone log screen
  • When creating contact, you can add new contact or update exist contact
  • Firewall with blacklist and whitelist, also can block private and unknown numbers.
  • Log blocked call to calendar
  • Import/export firewall blacklist and whitelist
  • Email signature
  • Send sms/email/pin message to calendar,task,memo and addressbook to create new item
  • Save sms/email/pin message as text document
  • Mark email with red exclamatory mark
  • Convert event to task item
  • Convert task item to event
  • Insert emoticon into sms/email/pin message
  • Emoticon customize and import/export
  • Insert contact’s number or email address into sms/email/pin message
  • Open and save text document in memopad application
  • Auto lock keypad when screen goes blank. you can create exceptions to disable this feature
14 total comments on this postSubmit your comment!
  1. Install to my BB tour successfully. Very very good application. Like the features it offer.

2. This is truly fab app, I would definately purchase it.

3. how do you customize this app. I see it running in the background but cant find an icon or any of the above screen shots

4. @Justin you have to go to Options on your blackberry and you will find an entry called BerryAddon(u) thats where all the options are.

5. Yes, it is *definitely a wonderful app.

6. Wow!
    All these options on a 71.7 app??! This one is a must have 🙂

7. Just uploaded this on my storm. I think I’m really going to love this app. I really love the idea of sending emails to my calendar or task list. A real time saver.

8. when in vibrate mode i try to silence it but yet it still vibrates…

9. As far as I know, every 3rd party app which allows vibration while ringing has this problem. This includes BuzzMe, VibandRing, and BBLight. Correct me if I’m wrong, but this was my experience.

10. there is an option in the menu of Berryaddon that lets your check “disable vibrate when ring muted”. that may fix your problem

11. What is the whitelist and blacklist feature? how does it work and how do the 2 differ?

12. “PS: I could have sworn we mentioned a similar utility before but maybe it is called something else since I cannot seem to find it…”

The first one I recall that put together different settings was PhoneTweak, but BerryAddOn has soooooo many more settings and incorporates features that can replace a lot of different programs.

13. Anyone else concerned this is developed by an unknown software company (doesn’t appear in searches of Bing, Yahoo or Google), and demands during permissions to monitor your keystrokes?

This is a head scratcher for me

14. How knowns! may this application was created by CIA,MI5? Lol.

1 pingback on this post

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2024’ BerryReview LLC