Forgot your password?

BE Weather v2.2.02 Missing Built-in Radar Maps

Home Forums BlackBerry Applications BE Weather v2.2.02 Missing Built-in Radar Maps

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  taigariver 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

hawkinsg

I purchased and installed BeWeather and setup my first location. However when I click the MENU key and select RADAR MAPS and MEDIA the built-in Radar Map section indicates (0).

Consequently, when I click the MENU button again and select VIEW BUILT-IN RADAR MAP the screen shows a "loading bar" very briefly then the screen goes gray.

This problem has occurred after a reintall of the software twice. I am using a T-Mobile Bold 9700 with the latest BB OS (5.0…) installed.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

starspeed

If your a BES user, check that your SETTINGS>GENERAL>NETWORKING TRANSPORT is set to BES.

I also just purchased and installed BeWeather and setup my app. When I click the MENU key and select RADAR MAPS and MEDIA, the built-in Radar Map section also indicates (0).

However, when I click on BUILT-IN RADAR MAP the loading progress graph pops open and finally loads after about 1.25 minutes for 5 frames of animation.

I have to keep touching my touch pad to keep the screen from automatically dimming during the load.

hawkinsg

Thanks for replying starspeed.

Unfortunately, none of the options you mentioned have worked.

Still UNRESOLVED at the present time.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Have you tried contacting the developer? If not just contact store support and they should be able to put you in touch.

hawkinsg

UPDATE!!

Okay, here's what I have discovered.

I added the following locations and the radar maps worked great for these cities: St. Louis, MO; Dallas, TX; San Antonio, TX; Bryan, TX; Corpus Christi, TX.

However, when I add a location that has to pull from the Houston Metro Radar the screen is gray. So the problem doesn't appear to be on my phone, but with BeWeather's Houston Radar. I read the reviews online and several other folks have commented about the Houston Radar not working properly.

I guess it's back over to BeWeather support to fix this. (An email has been sent to BeWeather support)

UNRESOLVED still….

starspeed

hawkinsg,

My tip about changing your Transport to BES if your a BES user was wrong. Turns out I did that but BeWeather changed it back to BIS-B and my Tulsa built-in radar maps works properly even though I'm a BES user. Sorry.

nicoledc109

Thanks you for the post.

Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Watch The Sorcerer’s Apprentice Online

hippiedaisychick

Hello, I also am having the same trouble with BeWeather. I have had it on my BB Storm for a few months and the radar has worked perfectly, now it goes to a grayed out screen for ALL locations.On some of them, I can hit the reload/update and it will come up on the second try, but for most others (such as: Topsfield, MA) it was working last week and now it will not come up at all. I would also have thought it was just a local tower issue, but it happens to all my locations on the first try. I LOVE BeWeather, as we travel 52 weekends a year throughout the USA (husband is a musician), but I REALLY need my radar, it's the most important reason I chose it. I also own Weatherbug Elite (and their radar is visually much better), but every time I go to animate my phone locks up and it's another battery pull time! So, if anyone can help with EITHER of these software's, that would be great :)

PS: I did write to BeWeather and they responded to empty my cache (which I did) and verify that Javascripts were set to allow (which I also did, and they were). I also deleted the app and reinstalled. Still happening! Help!!!

WHERESJERRY

Same thing is happening to me…I was in CT last weekend, and here in NH the radar goes to the grey screen, it was fine last week also…what gives?

taigariver

Color me annoyed and disappointed. I haven’t even gotten to where a location could fail to provide radar after having worked on a previous occasion. Useless to defend BEweather here, because this is obviously an issue for many users, and the workaround, whatever it is, should not be such a journey. I have the paid version, and get gray screens on radar. I can’t get any radar maps for any cities — I have six selected. There is no preloaded radar map (the built-in radar line shows (0) for any city), and the only other choice is to feed it a URL from where it can be downloaded or displayed.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC